Old Testament vs New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you explain the difference between the Old and New Testanment?

Why they are different?

Come and discuss... :D

Why Did God Change His Mind? Old Testament versus New Testament

Why Did God Change His Mind? Old Testament versus New Testament.

ATHEIST: It says in Deuteronomy that nonbelievers and fags should be
killed.

CHRISTIAN: Jesus invalidated the Old Testament.

ATHEIST: Why do you still use it if it's obsolete?

CHRISTIAN: Well, it has historical importance.

ATHEIST: Well, it _influenced_ history...but that doesn't mean what
happened in it is true, does it?

CHRISTIAN: It's true.

ATHEIST: Evidence?

CHRISTIAN: The Bible. Faith. The flood thing.

ATHEIST: Um, that isn't evidence. None of that is evidence. The Bible
is assertions, religious faith is a substitute for evidence and the
alleged evidence of the flood thing has been refuted repeatedly.

CHRISTIAN: Well, as a Christian I follow Christ's teachings anyway.

ATHEIST: Didn't Christ say in Matthew 5 that he didn't intend to
devalue the laws of the prophets?

CHRISTIAN: Yes, "until it is finished". When he died, his last words
were "it is finished".

ATHEIST: Well...Matthew 27 says: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried
with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to
say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he
cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost." And Luke 23:46
says: And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father,
unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up
the ghost. And John 19:30 says: When Jesus therefore had received the
vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up
the ghost.

CHRISTIAN: Well, they were standing at different distances from the
cross so they heard different things.

ATHEIST: Maybe, but damn--Christ sure seems to have some mixed
sentiments there. Anyway, let's assume that God did want the laws
changed from the Old Testament.

CHRISTIAN: Thank you.

ATHEIST: Very welcome. It's not like you have a chance without a
handicap anyway. My question to you is: why did God change His mind?

CHRISTIAN: Because the world changed.

ATHEIST: So God's nature is influenced by the world?

CHRISTIAN: Um, um...sure. Yes, I mean no, I mean yes.

ATHEIST: So how has His nature changed since the New Testament?

CHRISTIAN: It hasn't.

ATHEIST: Why not?

CHRISTIAN: Because the world hasn't changed in the past two millenia.

ATHEIST: Okaaay. Well, isn't the God of the Old Testament a hypocrite
anyway--with the genocide and the not killing people and all that?

CHRISTIAN: God's a nice guy now. He just burns people forever anyway
because that's what you do when someone you love disagrees with you.

Why Did God Change His Mind? Old Testament versus New Testament. - Atheism vs Christianity | Google Groups

Eh? God did not change his mind about anything, in fact in the Old Testament, Ever since the fall in the Garden of Eden, humankind has been less than it was created to be. We are under a curse in result of death and need of a Savior to save us, In the Old Testament God talked about his promise, about a Messiah. You have an Old Testament of people who disobey God from the begin he created Adam and Eve, to the end before Jesus arrives to earth. God showed patience

Then You have new Testament where The birth, life and death of the Lord Jesus changed everything, Jesus was crucified for our sins, the Savior to save us. The day when Jesus will return, as the Lord, In judgment, he will condemn all the nations of the world for their sin. God’s holy nature does not change. He is the same God in the Old Testament as He is in the New Testament, the only thing is different is we are allow to repent our sins, before we weren't allow to, because there was no blood of a sinless person to clean our sins. ;)

Hebrews 10:1The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Matthew 5:17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

There are a few questions that need to be answered, so I will be back later.
However, Jesus didn't 'erase' the Law. Christians believe he fulfilled it, meaning that, Humans break the Law, and need to pay the consequence. Jesus paid that consequence for us, but the Law is still relevant.

Why Did God Change His Mind? Old Testament versus New Testament.

ATHEIST: It says in Deuteronomy that nonbelievers and fags should be
killed.

CHRISTIAN: Jesus invalidated the Old Testament.

ATHEIST: Why do you still use it if it's obsolete?

CHRISTIAN: Well, it has historical importance.

ATHEIST: Well, it _influenced_ history...but that doesn't mean what
happened in it is true, does it?

CHRISTIAN: It's true.

ATHEIST: Evidence?

CHRISTIAN: The Bible. Faith. The flood thing.

ATHEIST: Um, that isn't evidence. None of that is evidence. The Bible
is assertions, religious faith is a substitute for evidence and the
alleged evidence of the flood thing has been refuted repeatedly.

CHRISTIAN: Well, as a Christian I follow Christ's teachings anyway.

ATHEIST: Didn't Christ say in Matthew 5 that he didn't intend to
devalue the laws of the prophets?

CHRISTIAN: Yes, "until it is finished". When he died, his last words
were "it is finished".

ATHEIST: Well...Matthew 27 says: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried
with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to
say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he
cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost." And Luke 23:46
says: And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father,
unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up
the ghost. And John 19:30 says: When Jesus therefore had received the
vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up
the ghost.

CHRISTIAN: Well, they were standing at different distances from the
cross so they heard different things.

ATHEIST: Maybe, but damn--Christ sure seems to have some mixed
sentiments there. Anyway, let's assume that God did want the laws
changed from the Old Testament.

CHRISTIAN: Thank you.

ATHEIST: Very welcome. It's not like you have a chance without a
handicap anyway. My question to you is: why did God change His mind?

CHRISTIAN: Because the world changed.

ATHEIST: So God's nature is influenced by the world?

CHRISTIAN: Um, um...sure. Yes, I mean no, I mean yes.

ATHEIST: So how has His nature changed since the New Testament?

CHRISTIAN: It hasn't.

ATHEIST: Why not?

CHRISTIAN: Because the world hasn't changed in the past two millenia.

ATHEIST: Okaaay. Well, isn't the God of the Old Testament a hypocrite
anyway--with the genocide and the not killing people and all that?

CHRISTIAN: God's a nice guy now. He just burns people forever anyway
because that's what you do when someone you love disagrees with you.

Why Did God Change His Mind? Old Testament versus New Testament. - Atheism vs Christianity | Google Groups

I agree with dreamslayer, and yet will bring out more. In book of Isaiah where God mentioned, that propeshied will have New Covenant. what is the New Covenant? That's described of Jesus. Mentioned on the cross. The reason Jesus cried out is bec all of our sins, past, present and future were in Christ Himself, and become sin for us, and Father forsook Jesus, bec sin in Jesus, that is our sins in Him. And that's where Jesus get His glory back after He was rose again. There are lot of evidences in Red Sea, crucifixion, Ark and etc. Many try to manipulate what has happen in histories. But as a comment and using how christian respond isn't so or may coming from babe in Christ. Like this more like as of assumption and huge missing point of the Bible and christians belief.

I personally believe that Old Testament and New Testament are shown the fulfillment of prophecy of Messiah Jesus which is required a match the bible we all believe in. Also, God is true GOD and author of the Bible. Show you the comparison of Old and New Testament:

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?" Psalms 22:1 (Old Testament)

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli Eli, lama sabachthani? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew27:46 (New Testament)

You see that Old and New Testament are true messages of prophecies. Now if no one believes in New Testament or Old Testament; therefore there is no good as it considers to be VOID!

Old Testament is revealing future prophecy of Jesus' coming and Revelation. New Testament is revealing the past prophecy and future prophecy of Revelation.

Old Testament: God is supposedly around.

New Testament: God supposedly disappeared.

;)

Old Testament: God is supposedly around.

New Testament: God supposedly disappeared.

;)

Old Testament : God was around for years until.....

In the New Testament : God was born in the flesh named " Jesus " ( Immanuel : " God with us " ). :)

Old testament was used by Islamic, Muslim, and Judaism, and those religions rejected New Testament and don't believe that Jesus was a saviour. New Testament was used by Christianity and its root, also still use the old testament too. That's all I know about the difference about old and new.

Dunno why Leibling started this thread because I thought she was happy as a Satanist.....:fingersx:

:lol: Very funny, Tousi !!

Old Testament : God was around for years until.....

In the New Testament : God was born in the flesh named " Jesus " ( Immanuel : " God with us " ). :)

You read my mind, that what I was gonna say. :giggle:

Let me tell you, there is no different thru between old and new testment. then why old and new testment story in bible talk specify about israel's land, egypt's land on and on.. nothing different from old and new testment.

Old and New testmant had the same idenity itself.. Like elisha rise little child from dead and jesus rise lazarus from dead.. there is no different between..

Remember Jesus told leader jews, he wasnt come to destory old, all prophets. he proved them that old of prophets fuliflled and can't broken.

There was never a god. Yes, that will make me an atheist. No wonder why Christians refused to teach or take a class on evolution. I do not care much about the Old and New Testaments, they are just a story.

There was never a god. Yes, that will make me an atheist. No wonder why Christians refused to teach or take a class on evolution. I do not care much about the Old and New Testaments, they are just a story.

People should just convert to Spaghetti Monsterism. Tates great and less filling. :D

Where did it say if there's a God or not? Look at the title of this thread, It says "Old Testament vs New Testament". I don't understand why members can't read anything, but open their mouth and say whatever they want. If you don't care for Old and New Testaments then why are you here? :ugh3:

... No wonder why Christians refused to teach or take a class on evolution. ...
I'm a Christian, and I've had lots of classes about evolution, read books about it, etc., especially during my public school and college years. Most Christians don't refuse teaching or learning about evolution; we just want it taught as a theory, and to give equal time to Creationism.

But we're getting :topic:

Where did it say if there's a God or not? Look at the title of this thread, It says "Old Testament vs New Testament". I don't understand why members can't read anything, but open their mouth and say whatever they want. If you don't care for Old and New Testaments then why are you here? :ugh3:

Try reading other member's posts in here. Some of them are claiming that God is the true God and the author. Others chimed in about God as well. She came in to tell us there is no God, thus invalidating the old/new testaments in one fell swoop.

Really, it isn't that hard.

Dunno why Leibling started this thread because I thought she was happy as a Satanist.....:fingersx:
Interesting point.

Funny thing; Satan never denied that God existed, nor did he deny the deity of Christ. Satan and his demons knew that Jesus was God. That's why they try so hard to destroy Christ's reputation in the world.

Try reading other member's posts in here. Some of them are claiming that God is the true God and the author.

The evidence of authority:The Bible claims to be the word of God, a true revelation of the Creator for the people of this planet to hear, believe and obey. In the bible, it shows the evidence of historical verification, The evidence of predictive prophecy, The evidence of textual accuracy, and the evidence of objectivity.

Cane Corso thinks it just a story taler, It's not a "story" There are many other reasons why the Bible can be trusted, and we trusted it. ;)

I don't need someone to come in here without knowledge of the bible to claim that there's no God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back