Old German Candle Carving

Sosie

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7OjRYQAm64&feature=player_popout[/ame]

See how it's made. Amazing!!!
Enjoy viewing! :)

Ive bought a few of these - the problem is it gets dusty easy and is hard to clean up. But it's pretty when the candle goes down - the light shines through.

There's a place here that makes these candles so I get to see it in person, fun stuff.

Her technique makes it look easy. I would bet that it takes lots of practice.

Gives a whole new dimension to candle making. I bet the average person could probably do this as a hobby on a small scale and give them as gifts for special occasions. I had seen this before but I never thought of it being German, I use call them 'decorative candles'.

Wow, that's really fascinating.

Checked out their website and *whistles* Those candles does not come cheap.

I've had a few of these candles in the past. They do look beautiful with the light shining thru.

I would like that solid ivory color one that the video showed. It reminds me of pierced creamware. I'll bet that's pretty when it's lit.

I didn't know that the last coat the candle was dunked into was acrylic, not wax. That's interesting.

It's been a while since I had one of those candles. They were gifts to me from relatives in Michigan, so I don't know how much they cost.

I have some that my father bought ages ago. They are beautiful. Currently, mine are packed carefully and are in my closet in the house. On our hot summer days, I put them in the freezer and MIL pitches a fit. When we move, I will have them in a cooler with ice blocks so they don't get over heated.

The little mushroom candles are cute.

I had never seen a demonstration of how these candles are made. Thanks for sharing that, Sosie. I will think of your video everytime I light a candle like this from now on.

Awesome. I used to make candles as a teen but nothing like this.

Back