Ohio Woman gives birth to Sextuplets

Teekie

Reaction score
AKRON, Ohio (Feb. 27) - An Ohio woman gave birth to sextuplets Thursday, and doctors said all six babies and the mother were doing well.

Jennifer Hanselman, 29, of Cuyahoga Falls, gave birth to the three girls and three boys within one minute at Akron General Medical Center.

"The speed at which the babies came out was overwhelming. It was like a popcorn popper," the baby's grinning father, Keith Hanselman, told reporters.

The babies, delivered by Caesarean section, were listed in critical condition, which is standard for premature births. They ranged in weight from 1 pound, 9 ounces to 2 pounds, 10 ounces, which is average for multiple births at 28 1/2 weeks, said Dr. Anand Kantak, director of neonatology at Akron Children's Hospital.

The babies were transferred to the neonatal intensive care unit at the children's hospital, where they were expected to stay for about nine weeks. All will be on respirators because of the immaturity of their lungs, Kantak said.

"We are very optimistic about their survival without major handicaps," he said.

02/27/04 01:21 EST

Wow! That is Pretty Awesome...

The Husband "Daddy" said it was like a popcorn popper :lol:That was funny!

I hope they make it through as Healthy as Possible... :fingersx:

Yeah, me too...I'm sure they're thrilled. I will pray that these babies grow strong enough to go home soon.

VamPyroX said:
Under one minute!? Whoa! :eek:

You may the next person Daddy with sextuplet babies !

six high chairs

six cribes

six play pens

six bottles

six boxes of diapers

six prafiers

six poops and urines

That will be fun for you ! To be a Daddy VampRox

Aren't they adorable little bats ??

I read somewhere else that another couple had sextuplets in Michigan.. I'll have to look for the newslink. If you know where, post it here. Thanks :D

Sextuplets.. oh boy its a lot of work.. unless they have help but still not easy...wonder how they will cope if all babies cry at same time..:ugh: I wish them best of luck and hope it goes well for them financially and physically as parents 24/7

Sabrina said:
You may the next person Daddy with sextuplet babies !

six high chairs

six cribes

six play pens

six bottles

six boxes of diapers

six prafiers

six poops and urines

That will be fun for you ! To be a Daddy VampRox

Aren't they adorable little bats ??

Wow,...Do you think Vamp will handle all six babies?....and once they get to the age of 2..... :naughty:

Back