Ohio woman charged in national scam of deaf

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a new twist on a common lottery scam often aimed at elderly people. This scam preys on the deaf.

Westerville police, along with U.S. Secret Service agents, worked for months on a case that is both local and national in scope.

The investigation led to the recent indictment of Elaine Katz, 76, who lives in Columbus Colony in Westerville, which caters to people who are blind or have trouble hearing.

Katz was charged with theft from an elderly person, a third-degree felony. She’s accused of helping to defraud a Florida woman of $11,500.

Westerville woman charged in national scam of deaf | The Columbus Dispatch

There is a new twist on a common lottery scam often aimed at elderly people. This scam preys on the deaf.

Westerville police, along with U.S. Secret Service agents, worked for months on a case that is both local and national in scope.

The investigation led to the recent indictment of Elaine Katz, 76, who lives in Columbus Colony in Westerville, which caters to people who are blind or have trouble hearing.

Katz was charged with theft from an elderly person, a third-degree felony. She’s accused of helping to defraud a Florida woman of $11,500.

Westerville woman charged in national scam of deaf | The Columbus Dispatch

This very bad to steal from Deaf people who work hard for their money and people still abuse Deaf people like that :shock: and don't like the people who doing this to the Deaf people :barf:

This very bad to steal from Deaf people who work hard for their money and people still abuse Deaf people like that :shock: and don't like the people who doing this to the Deaf people :barf:

or anyone
icon9.gif

or anyone :(

You are right. It can happen to anyone who get scammed by any ages. Even someone can scammed hearing Elders, too.

This is sad that an hearing Ohio woman scammed Deaf Elders for their money. It is a shame that this happened to them. :(

I PUT A PROGRAM on computer yesterday called DoNotTrack me just as well I did...Few weeks ago I got this cream free sample pay shipping only,well lastnight got call from credit card company to say this face cream company had tried to get £100 EVERY HOUR and credit card company kept declining it...due to the new program on computer they phoned to tell me and ask if I had given my consent which had not..credit card company were aware of the scam as many others fallen for it...I felt sick,it been flaged up on my account wont happen again

That is if your using debit card, yeah but for credit card... check statement and if it is something you have not authorized so, call em, they will immediately cancel the transaction and investigation them. For my bank, three swipes at same merchant triggers lock down and I get text message asking if I authorized, all I do is either reply yes or no, it worked and it cost me nothing. Happened to me already when i was out on trip to Outer banks, NC AND south California/Nevada. Man! put 10K miles on my truck done... in just couple months.

I PUT A PROGRAM on computer yesterday called DoNotTrack me just as well I did...Few weeks ago I got this cream free sample pay shipping only,well lastnight got call from credit card company to say this face cream company had tried to get £100 EVERY HOUR and credit card company kept declining it...due to the new program on computer they phoned to tell me and ask if I had given my consent which had not..credit card company were aware of the scam as many others fallen for it...I felt sick,it been flaged up on my account wont happen again

Back