Oh please help me

it's because you don't walk on eggshells. You steamrolled thru with your walkers :D

:lol: Sometimes I love you.

Sometimes I hate you.

But you are awfully good looking! (reference picture thread newbies)

that explains. HA in ziplock bag is a surefire way to get an ear infection. nice and moisty.... just like a moldy sandwich.

Get an ear drop medication from your doctor and you'll be fine for most of time. if you're getting an irritated ear, just do a couple drops in your ear and have a good night.

The Zip-loc bag I had wasn't really Zip-loc brand. I had a cloth and leather bag with a zipper, provided by the Audi's office when I got my hearing aids. No moisture at all with the aids as I would dry and clean them before putting into the bag. Had lint free cloths for that. My HA's did not come in a hard-shell box, only this little zipper bag. Don't have the HA's anymore as they met an untimely demise and now, they would be no good. My ear infections were mostly "swimmer's ear" from the shower and I still get drops even 5 years later.
Hearing aid bag.jpg

The Zip-loc bag I had wasn't really Zip-loc brand. I had a cloth and leather bag with a zipper, provided by the Audi's office when I got my hearing aids. No moisture at all with the aids as I would dry and clean them before putting into the bag. Had lint free cloths for that. My HA's did not come in a hard-shell box, only this little zipper bag. Don't have the HA's anymore as they met an untimely demise and now, they would be no good. My ear infections were mostly "swimmer's ear" from the shower and I still get drops even 5 years later.
View attachment 15555

ah-ha. as long as we wear HA... we'll be prone to ear infection.

I got a BAD case of ear infection that wouldnt go away for two months. Finally had to have steroids, shots of antibiotics, and 3 antibiotic horse pills 3x a day for 10 days. man.. that was horrible aftertaste for two weeks and diarrhea for two months because i didnt have enough probiotics but was worth it.

Oh, and I dont wear any hearing aids.

BTW, Trust me when I say this: I tried everything to stem that diarrhea. Eating a pound of sharp cheddar at a sitting several times, eating probiotic rich foods, etc.. Visting the doctors.. No go.

When I had my HA's, I always kept a zip bag for them in my pocket or with me. I was forever getting ear infections with them and would take them out at odd times of the day, so I was always prepared. It's the same as being prepared with extra batteries or wax guards.

that is not safe because crash on fell on floor! my mine case is very protect to HA is reason otherwise case look protect to prevent to crash! if you old fashion

that explains. HA in ziplock bag is a surefire way to get an ear infection. nice and moisty.... just like a moldy sandwich.

Get an ear drop medication from your doctor and you'll be fine for most of time. if you're getting an irritated ear, just do a couple drops in your ear and have a good night.

You are right.

I still use ziplock bags to store my molds in immediately after use. It is the only way I can make free Bleu Cheese dressing.

You are right.

I still use ziplock bags to store my molds in immediately after use. It is the only way I can make free Bleu Cheese dressing.

I almost shart :ugh:

I personally would speak to Human resource department to see what they have to say about coverage to item's that belong to you while on the job. Just say something like: " I was curious if something was to happen to my HA while on the job would I recieve any help in getting my HA fixed or replaced?"...But for future refrence I would take the very best care of my Hearing device to the best of my ability, these items are not cheap to replace!

Darkinday? I am so sorry this happen for you..unfortunately, I don't think you have case because you took HA out and put it down. If it had simply fallen out of your ear and got chewed, or you put up high and dog still got to it, then you would have case...but they would tell you that it was your fault and the client not responsible.

Oh wow!! I've lost count of how many times I've had similar happen to me...except that I ALWAYS put my HA up high-well, usually. There was one time I put it on a desk, and one of my dogs managed to climb on the chair and took it. Luckily, he didn't eat it totally....just put teeth marks into it! LOL! Another time, I put my HA on my coffee table, and the dog I had at the time took it. I went back to get it, couldn't find it anywhere. I was crying so hard. Then my daughter signed to me say that the dog had special hidey hole in the laundry for food she like to nibble on at night in peace...had a look...and there was my HA! The dog look NOT impressed! Again, no great damage...just teeth marks! Now..I am SO careful! If I HAVE to take it out e.g to answer the phone (I have loud volume control so I can talk on the phone-not my favourite thing to do though!), I either put HA into my pocket, or up high where dog can't touch it!

I am lucky in Australia, because I am pensioner, I get HA given to me from the government for free...it is standard digital HA, but work very well...if I want better quality one, it would cost me over $3,000 AUD!!!

AuslanGirl :)

I'd probably just pay up and not mention it to the employer. I actually bought a extra case for mine and carry it in my backpack (which I keep my personal items in at work) at all times. Sometimes I take it out (I work outside mostly and if the wind is driving me crazy or it's raining badly) and I put it right in the case. I don't want to involve my employer in my ears, but that's just my personal way.

Unfortuately I think it's your own fault for letting this happen, Hearing aids are personal's responsiblity, no one else's, you should have put it in your pocket or locker out of ANYONE's reach.

I wear CI and HA all the time even with headaches.. i just switch them off then carry on with what I am doing until it's my break time where I would put my HA/CI safely in my locker or in it's case in my bag.
I have a dog, I never leave these lying around, he doesn't even seem interested but I am not taking the risk and it's my resposiblity, the HA/CI are either on my ears or in my Dry and store box.

Back