Officials:11-year-old heroin suspect won't be charged

Teekie

Reaction score
SOUTH MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- An 11-year-old girl suspected of selling heroin at her mother's bidding will not be charged, officials said Thursday.

But police recommended that charges of child neglect be filed against Alison Lolanda Davis, whose daughter allegedly peddled heroin outside their home, sometimes while dressed in her school uniform or pajamas, police Chief Orlando Martinez de Castro said.

The Miami-Dade County state attorney's office has no case against the girl without police support, said Ed Griffith, a spokesman for that office.

Davis, 36, already faces numerous drug possession and trafficking charges. She's in jail pending a January 23 arraignment.

Police started watching the house in October based on a tip. Officers said they saw the girl selling $10 and $20 doses of heroin to passers-by.

South Miami undercover officers made three purchases before city and federal officers raided the house and removed the girl last week.

The girl's father, who does not live with Davis, is seeking custody of the girl and her 7-year-old sister, who is also in the state's care.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/01/08/young.heroin.suspect.ap/index.html

Oh boy..what kind of mother would do that having her own daughter selling it for her.. :crazy:

Jeez... that bitch! No, not the little girl... the mother! Ugh! They shouldn't sentence her to jail. They should torture her by constantly putting heavy doses of herion in her every day!

Wow! I am speechless.. I have never heard children sell drugs at that age.. Im surprised at all this.. Mothers are suppose to protect children from drugs and she made her child do that? Really pissed me off! Hope she goes In Prison for the rest of her life!

I'm not surprised, its quite common for gangs in Chicago to recruit 9-12 year olds as runners doing their business.. selling drugs or transporting drugs from one place to another- It is not new.. it has been around for a long time

jeez, that mother is crazy doing that to her own daughter to sell drugs for mother...she ought to be in prison for long time! :mad:

Back