Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

Hey Sara, Switched at Birth just started production on season 2! Follow @ABCFsab on twitter to get the latest news including behind-the-scenes pics from the cast and crew. As soon as I find out when season 2 will be premiering, I’ll let you guys know. What did everyone think of Monday’s episode? I thought it was really intense and the Fall finale should be the most dramatic episode yet. Tune-in Monday at 8/7c to watch what happens.

It's on Netflix with pretty good CC. I don't know if anyone mentioned that. I watch the new on OnDemand since I'm never home on Monday nights.

As a hearing person, I really enjoy watching this TV show. I went back through and read this entire thread here as well. It is very interesting seeing the show through your perspectives. Thanks for that opportunity.

Wirelessly posted

Wow, reading 24 pages of old posts takes a long time, lol. I just started watching S@B a few weeks ago, and I'm already caught up and ready for the new season. I really enjoyed it because it brought up a lot of questions. Is that realistic, what are they taking about, that sort of thing. I did have a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to, and I'm hoping it's ok to ask them here? When Emmett was taking the speech therapy classes, he used some sort of hearing aid that that made some sort of high pitched noise? I had no luck figuring out what that was from google, hoping some one can help me out. Also, is watching S@B going to be helpful for me as a receptive practice? At the moment, I'm only catching about 30%, less with some of the fluent characters, more with the new slower signers. So are some of the slower signers, like Bay and her mom, signing accurately enough to consider watching them as good practice? Thanks all!

I will finally get to watch it the same night it comes on as we have cable now.

What is the date of the season premier? I'm so excited! I've missed watching during the break.

Has anyone gotten a chance to watch the season premier of Switched @ Birth? I just finished it. Looks like we're in for an interesting season, lol.

Has anyone gotten a chance to watch the season premier of Switched @ Birth? I just finished it. Looks like we're in for an interesting season, lol.

just watched it last night. yup gonna be interesting .. political spot lights, switching schools, a deaf entrepreneur, another baby in the works, etc.

I was expecting to see discussion about Marlee Matlin's character's (forgot name on the show) rebuke of Daphne. I kind of liked it, but it's kind of weird coming from the Character that was once seeing the chef too.

I personally liked the rebuke also. It is a necessary wake up call to realize that reality and the ideas you play (of the future, your spouse, etc) with in your head conflict. Regardless of age or maturity, it is a hard thing to be told and fully realize. I catch myself doing it sometimes.

I was thankful that Jeff got his act together and maintained professional boundaries even though the damage had already been done. I'm personally excited for Travis/Ryan Lane's character.

Wirelessly posted

I am disappointed that 'Switched at Birth' cannot be viewed outside of the U S, I got to see a couple of episodes on you tube before they took them off for copyright reasons. Although it leaves a lot to be desired as far as correctness with Deaf issues, I still found the T.v. Drama enjoyable as there is still very little access to any films which have sign language and Deaf actors.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Switched-at-Birth-Volume-One/dp/B005PWZ472/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358177597&sr=8-2&keywords=switched+at+birth]Amazon.com: Switched at Birth: Volume One: Katie Leclerc, Vanessa Marano, Constance Marie, D. W. Moffett, Lea Thompson, Lucas Grabeel, Sean Berdy: Movies & TV[/ame]

You can order it off Amazon US. They ship globally (I think)
Of course, if you're in Australia, your DVD player is likely not capable of playing region 1 discs but that's simple to bypass.

Yesterday, I thought, "What an intense episode was!" Dammit. :shock: But, I feel under impressive that there is still no B.E.D.!! *sad bear*

Well, ignore me! I am just being silly. :D

This season has been pretty awesome! I'm impressed with how much focus they have given all the deaf/hearing conflict at Carlton and how messy it is getting.

This week's episode looks like it's going to be really cool -- they are doing an all-ASL episode! And it ties into the 25th anniversary of the protests at Gallaudet.

ABC Family

I'm really excited to see how this works and how hearing audiences feel while watching it. It seems challenging because it'll put everyone in the position of a deaf person as they watch. Like the article says, pretty groundbreaking stuff. I'm psyched!

****Spoiler Warning****

I just watched the latest episode of Switched at Birth and I thought it was absolutely amazing! After the very first scene, no vocalizations at all. There was background music, but I just turned the sound off completely so I could really experience it.

The subject matter was also excellent, and the perfect opportunity to really show off ASL. Students fighting for what they believe in, organizing an occupation inspired by the Galludet protest? It really was fantastic. I especially loved the scene where Daphne accidentally set of the house alarm and did not know it. The way it was filmed really put me in her shoes. I was very impressed by this entire episode.

Back