Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am happy that you guys liked the introduction of Travis to the show. I think it really added another dimension to the series! Plus, the fact that now he’s working at the car wash makes the dialogue between deaf and hearing even more imminent! Do you remember the part when Daphne and Wilke were sitting on a bench, eating and talking? That part showed Daphne can’t lipread perfectly every time, but she IS really good at it! I don’t know about you all, but I’m anxiously awaiting next week’s episode. Have you seen the latest sneak peeks yet? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am happy that you guys liked the introduction of Travis to the show. I think it really added another dimension to the series! Plus, the fact that now he’s working at the car wash makes the dialogue between deaf and hearing even more imminent! Do you remember the part when Daphne and Wilke were sitting on a bench, eating and talking? That part showed Daphne can’t lipread perfectly every time, but she IS really good at it! I don’t know about you all, but I’m anxiously awaiting next week’s episode. Have you seen the latest sneak peeks yet? [/FONT]

Yes I remember that part, she was unable to read his lips because he was eating/chewing and talking at the same time. Earlier in season 1 (I think?), Emmett had made a point to say that lipreading was only accurate about 30% of the time but Daphne's ability (according to the show) is clearly not a reflection of that. While I have met some amazing lipreaders, I still feel that catching everything, even in profile, is a bit misleading. But again, that is only my opinion and I would like to hear what others have to say as well.

I just think it is only TV shows. I don't expect it have to be so prefect, so fans should enjoy watching it. Those TV shows are, mostly, never accurate or realistic, anyway. It is more important thing is keep the story interesting and exciting, and raise the awareness of Deaf Culture and Deaf Community. Since it is a drama genre, so it is so good.

Was there captions on the Switched at Birth episode that aired today? I am confused. Normally there is captions, but today there wasn't. Did anyone else notice this? I checked to see if captions had been turned off on my tv, but it hadn't been and all other shows still had captions. I noticed the very first two episodes of this tv show did not have captions, but I thought maybe they were having trouble dealing with having regular captions and then the text translation of the sign language, but after the third show, the captions starting come on for me and then all was well until today. Out of the blue, no captions today. Did anyone else have this problem?

Was there captions on the Switched at Birth episode that aired today? I am confused. Normally there is captions, but today there wasn't. Did anyone else notice this? I checked to see if captions had been turned off on my tv, but it hadn't been and all other shows still had captions. I noticed the very first two episodes of this tv show did not have captions, but I thought maybe they were having trouble dealing with having regular captions and then the text translation of the sign language, but after the third show, the captions starting come on for me and then all was well until today. Out of the blue, no captions today. Did anyone else have this problem?

When two Deaf people used sign language, they do put closed captioned for the hearing audience with different font.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] Have you seen the latest sneak peeks yet? [/FONT]
Yes, and after the latest episode, it turned out that most of the fans were right. Emmett made a huge mistake.... But I really got to say, I kind of like it. It destroyed his wonderful character somehow, which makes totally sense when you look at his life right now. He is not dealing well with this situation, and he is a teenager after all. I really hate him for hurting Bay like that, she was down already, but I think this is something that could happen to you in real life. Just add some more crap on top of everything else. Yet I think it is only thanks to Sean Berdy, that the storyline is working that well. Really amazing job he did, especially during the conversation with his Dad and with Bay at the end. I'm really curious how they'll work this one out.

As for Daphne, there was a time I didn't like her that much, but at the moment I just love her! Hope it stays that way. It was great to see why that game was so important to her.

What can be said about the parents? I like how Kathryn is starting to sign from time to time. Toby should really get going, too. I think Lucas Grabeel might be fluent if they wait until the next season for his character to start learning sign language.

What did you think about this episode?

When two Deaf people used sign language, they do put closed captioned for the hearing audience with different font.

Right. Normally, that is the case. With the last episode, I only got the captions for the sign language- no regular closed captions for the deaf. I was upset, because I watch this show and I couldn't understand what they were saying. I thought maybe it was my tv, but my mom recorded it on her DVR and it was the same on hers- no regular captions. :(

Yes I remember that part, she was unable to read his lips because he was eating/chewing and talking at the same time. Earlier in season 1 (I think?), Emmett had made a point to say that lipreading was only accurate about 30% of the time but Daphne's ability (according to the show) is clearly not a reflection of that. While I have met some amazing lipreaders, I still feel that catching everything, even in profile, is a bit misleading. But again, that is only my opinion and I would like to hear what others have to say as well.

Well, you can't win a game on a free throw either (my husband pointed that out to me when we watched the show). It's TV, not real life. But yeah, I guess it would be good if they did a bit more to make it obvious that she can't lipread everything.

Bethany, something might have happened with the ABCFam channel for your cable network or whatever it is you use. I had captions when I watched on Tuesday night, no problem. Who knows. Sometimes certain stations/channels' captionings get screwy here and there from time to time.

Sean Berdy is a gifted actor. I also appreciate that the writers are not trying to sugar coat what divorce does to kids in the middle of it.

I am glad Bay for once decided to do something that wasn't selfish. She irritates me so much.

I was really moved by the part where the mother signed to Daphne that she'd brought her daughter all the way from Indiana to see the team play. It was very touching.

I am so mad at Emmett for making such a poor decision at the end! I loved how Daphne opened up to John about deaf community and deaf culture. That was wonderful :)

I didn't know you couldn't win a basketball game on a free throw.. then again I know nothing about basketball. I love how they are all improving so much with sign language.

I am so mad at Emmett for making such a poor decision at the end! I loved how Daphne opened up to John about deaf community and deaf culture. That was wonderful :)

I hear you on the whole Emmet thing....but at least this show is showing stuff that really happens...I mean nobody is perfect and its nice to see that expressed in a show....and at least he recognized that it was a mistake and has not acted on again....IDK if it was a good decision to keep it from Bay...hmm we will just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

A few episodes ago, Emmet was trying to speak so he put on hearing aids, and it made a high pitch screeching sound. To a hearing person, it was really loud. However, I thought Emmet was totally deaf. How would he hearing aids cause him to hear even screeching sounds if he's totally deaf?

I was wondering if someone could help me understand this

[FONT=&quot]I, too, get so involved with the series. When I’m watching, it’s as if I know all the characters in real life. I was screaming at my TV two weeks ago during the Emmett and Simone scene! And I thought for sure it was going to slip out what happened in last week’s episode. I am so excited to see what happens in the spring premiere tonight. Did you all see that Angelo is coming back? I’d like to take some votes, do you think that Emmett will confess or will someone else (Wilke or Simone) spill the beans about what happened?[/FONT]

Yes i watch also

Emmett told Bay about happened that he had sex with Simone on basketball tournament and wont tell Bay..And Emmett told Bay TRUTH!

Angelo in jail for reasons because he need truth because he had crime history and wont tell anyone..

i cant wait for another new espoide to says hope summer or fall

Yes i watch also

Emmett told Bay about happened that he had sex with Simone on basketball tournament and wont tell Bay..And Emmett told Bay TRUTH!

Angelo in jail for reasons because he need truth because he had crime history and wont tell anyone..

i cant wait for another new espoide to says hope summer or fall

You will need to warn people who haven't watch it yet. Please do edit to highlight your spoiled post right now. I am not being mean, I just let you know that you need to do now. That is all.

[FONT=&quot]I hope you all got a chance to watch the big spring finale last night! Don’t worry, if you haven’t yet, you can watch the full episode right here. I was blown away and can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode so we can all talk about it. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope you all got a chance to watch the big spring finale last night! Don’t worry, if you haven’t yet, you can watch the full episode right here. I was blown away and can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode so we can all talk about it. [/FONT]

If you have own iPad or iPhone, you can watch full episode on ABC Family app.

Download the ABC Family App to watch full episodes of your favorite ABC Family originals like Switched at Birth w/ CC.
App Store - ABC Family

Back