Odd reason for joining

Status
Not open for further replies.
My impressions is that she didn't originally intend to tell people about this so she didn't "come straight out of the gate" with it. She only told people when they raised questions about her avatar? and she's already said why she was using her cousin's avatar...am I missing something?

My impressions is that she didn't originally intend to tell people about this so she didn't "come straight out of the gate" with it. She only told people when they raised questions about her avatar? and she's already said why she was using her cousin's avatar...am I missing something?

I made a mistake. I feel really bad. I just wanted to keep her close. I did not know I would need to explain. But I understand the questioning. I'd rather move on from this topic if it's ok. It's kinda sad for me.

Yes absolutely, I can only imagine. What are you studying at uni btw?

Welcome Mimsy..
How long have you lived in NY / USA?

If I were use a picture of a deceased relative to honor them, I wouldn't have to resort to a picture in the newspaper. I'd own other pictures of my relatives.

Just thinking.

after noticing that you were using a cropped photo

omg I was wrong wrong wrong. I LOVE that picture of her that's why I used it. I should have used a picture of the two of us together so I can feel close to her. I don't know. I love that picture even from all the pictures I have of her. I need to separate myself from her anyway because I have to learn to feel better about what happened to her. I'm confused. Please forgive me for not talking about this any more. If you insist on talking about it more, please just give me a little time to take a break from it. Then maybe I will feel better to talk about it. I had no idea this would happen. I have started posting on other threads to join in better with you.

Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
Welcome Mimsy..

I moved here in 2002 when I was 9.

Yes absolutely, I can only imagine. What are you studying at uni btw?

I'm a Pre-Veterinary Science major. My goal is to be a veterinarian specializing in dogs, my passionate love!

Now, my question to you if you like hiding out with us, why not get involved? become ASL interpreter? or work in deaf programs? etc. this would allow you to hideout more easily. :lol::D since you posted you are from NYC, take a run over to gally and poke around during events . :cool2: Now I am soo far away from NYC, not sure where the deaf hangouts are, but I know I would welcome you in person. There is nothing like taking in a hearie and watch them become a butterfly so to speak .:deaf:

I think becoming ASL interpreter is too difficult for me to do as a job, but to learn so I can communicate in ASL is what I want to do.

I promise I'll start looking into the events. :ty: I love the bolded.

Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
Welcome Mimsy..

I moved here in 2002 when I was 9.
I'm a Pre-Veterinary Science major. My goal is to be a veterinarian specializing in dogs, my passionate love!

That's a great major, I am a total dog (and big cat) person.. I could never have domestic cats due to allergic to them. My wife just bought home a puppy from an accidental litter one of her co-workers had. Not sure if we are going to keep it. her friend was will to let us look after it for the weekend to see how our kids handle it... Labrador/bulldog mix, brindle colored.

You really did think you'd need to explain why you're posting with a pic of a murder victim?

You thought we wouldn't notice?

I never think of her as a murder victim. I just think of her as my cousin who's not with me any more. It didn't even enter my mind that anyone would notice. To me it was only Susanna.

what are your favorite breeds?

Of course all dogs are great to me, but German Sheps are my favorite because they have this look in their eyes that they can see right into your soul. I really enjoy the giant breeds, but I don't see them too often. One fantastic thing is that I go to the Westminster Dog Show every year since it's in Manhattan. That's like the highlight of my year!

Of course all dogs are great to me, but German Sheps are my favorite because they have this look in their eyes that they can see right into your soul. I really enjoy the giant breeds, but I don't see them too often. One fantastic thing is that I go to the Westminster Dog Show every year since it's in Manhattan. That's like the highlight of my year!

I am with you on the giant breeds, I have had 3 St Bernards, 2 were rescues. Thinking about getting a Tibetan Mastiff this year... They were a rare breed but got into AKC a few years ago.

LOL ... not at mimsy.. its them who show the true color of themselve. :ugh3:

I grew up visiting brooklyn all the time. yea some of my cousins live there. I haven't been there for a long time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back