Odd but surprisingly good food

Daredevel7

Adrenaline Junky
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love trying new food or different combinations of food that isn't "typical".

Ever had food that sounded weird initially, but after trying it, it turned out to be pretty good? If so, state them here.

I am hoping to find out new food combinations to try!

Here's a few examples:
- Honeydew Hefeweizen smoothie
- Panini with brie and semi-sweet chocolate and a little bit of basil
- Chickpea fries with peach jalapeno sauce
- Tomato ice cream drizzled with basil sweet syrup

Nom nom nom!!!
HomerDrool.gif

Well one of my weird recipe consists of Salad crunches, gobs of butter and English muffins. I butter English Muffins, then pour Salad Crunchies on it and I eat it this way. it was inspired by my Bacon burgers with English muffins.

Another werid recipe is smashed potates with salsa, cheddar cheese, butter and sour cream. It's no wonder that I had a heart attack at age 42. :P

Chocolate in my chili recipe.

Eggnog latte.

Anchovy pasta.

cinnamon in my coffee

sardines with tomato sauce

soybean pasta

bull tongue ! My dad would buy a whole bull tongue and cook it a pot. It looked horrible seeing a tongue poking of a pot.It taste good, but I would never eat this now... one of my sister friend came over when we eating tongue sandwiches for lunch. He said it look good and asked if he could have one too. After he almost 2 sandwiches he asked what kind of meat it was and we told him tongue and the guy thought we where joking until he opened up his
sandwich and saw the meat in a shape of a tongue. He ran to the bathroom and :barf: up this food.

bull tongue ! My dad would buy a whole bull tongue and cook it a pot. It looked horrible seeing a tongue poking of a pot.It taste good, but I would never eat this now... one of my sister friend came over when we eating tongue sandwiches for lunch. He said it look good and asked if he could have one too. After he almost 2 sandwiches he asked what kind of meat it was and we told him tongue and the guy thought we where joking until he opened up his
sandwich and saw the meat in a shape of a tongue. He ran to the bathroom and :barf: up this food.

My mother used to fix beef tongue and beef heart both. I loved it until I came home from school and saw a tongue in the sink waiting to be cleaned. Never could eat it after that.:lol:

Homemade raspberry jam and Nutella spread on a toast. Good stuff. Raspberry jam has to be on the top of the Nutella spread though.

My mother used to fix beef tongue and beef heart both. I loved it until I came home from school and saw a tongue in the sink waiting to be cleaned. Never could eat it after that.:lol:

My older sister came downstairs from a nap and got out the loaf of bread and some mayo. I asked her what was she making and she said " a tuna fish sandwich " I told her "that is not tuna fish , it' chopped brains dad made!"
She had something else for lunch. I was not freaked by the the tongue .
Dad told how they where so poor in Russia that had to eat the byproduct of cow. But I did not eat brains ,.

My older sister came downstairs from a nap and got out the loaf of bread and some mayo. I asked her what was she making and she said " a tuna fish sandwich " I told her "that is not tuna fish , it' chopped brains dad made!"
She had something else for lunch. I was not freaked by the the tongue .
Dad told how they where so poor in Russia that had to eat the byproduct of cow. But I did not eat brains ,.

I can't handle brains, either. When I lived in TN brains and eggs were a popular breakfast dish.

I can't handle brains, either. When I lived in TN brains and eggs were a popular breakfast dish.

If they were chicken brains, I'd think it took a ton of birds to to get enough for your omelette, heh? :lol:

cinnamon in my coffee

sardines with tomato sauce

soybean pasta

I used love sardines with tomato sauce , I still like them but they cost so much for small can. I love pickled herring and we used get pickled watermelon rind
at a restaurant. I loved that.

Shrimp and bacon pizza. Just had a couple of slices a few minutes ago.

I used love sardines with tomato sauce , I still like them but they cost so much for small can. I love pickled herring and we used get pickled watermelon rind
at a restaurant. I loved that.

I make pickled watermelon rind every summer and can several jars.

Green tea frozen yogurt, it tastes like green tea. Pickled dolly varden (it was homemade but gooood!) :lol: I can't think of other weird foods I have had.

Does Pesto pizza count?

Last edited:
cranberry jelly mixed with mayonnaise {your choice of flavored herbs or anything to add in it) on the turkey or chicken sandiwich

Back