October - 3rd coldest on record for nation

So, if I show that November was the 2nd warmest, and the top 3 are in the last ten years, what does that say about the title of this thread? It is a snapshot of one month in the US, and mine is a Minnsota snapshot for the last 10+ years. Call it a wash.

Another phenomenon that has occured; our dewpoints during summer have risen dramatically over the last 15 years. Part of that is blamed on irrigation that is done south of me. When the hot southerly airflow goes over the central plains, it picks up some of the airborne water particles. Then that same air comes over to me, and it is more humid. A local situation? Yes.

I just find it fascinating that people don't think humans have done damage to Mother Earth by being careless and wasteful. How do you feel about all the plastics we use for convenience foods? I find it foolhardy to see things like "Lunchables" advertised; that sort of product. "Use it and toss it" philosophy will be our legacy.

Again, I worry about the future in a different way, not so much on what kind of car I can afford if they keep taxes lower. Materialism is not my bag.

That's an altogether a different but serious topic where pollution can have a local and regional effect.

Er, remember those who coined "global warming" first in the effort to focus on a claim that increasing global temp was directly caused by man's introduction of CO2. And it was those eco-zealots in bed with politicians and policy makers who made a run for using that phrase for the purpose to create a "scary" scenario which never panned out to the degree of such catastrophic details. And ya'll can't figure out why the Australian version of the Cap and Trade failed catastrophically a few days ago?

DS, I'd be happy to go head to head to you on environmental matters in the field of geoscience. Though I think you do not have the necessary background in the geosciences based on your responses it'd be a challenge for you to try. I'd welcome the effort and hear your opinions. It's really simple. This whole "global warming" thing is a sham. You don't know until you actually do the research and read rather than hear it from the MSM do the thinking for you.

Do you realize that you sound like a conspiracy theorist? When scientists are concerned about the climate change and how it will affect the ecology, they should have the responsibility to inform the government about it. If they're wrong, they're wrong. Some policies are wrong and we learn from them. Pollution has ALWAYS been an issue and this time, it's more "global" as we consume more than ever and emit more pollution than ever. Local pollution is very real, obviously, duh. Regional pollution is real. Duh. Smog in many cities are troubling. Temperatures are increasing all over the world in the past few decades and scientists are convinced it is NOT normal because they feel it doesn't follow the normal climate pattern as they've observed in the past.

If the climate does not worsen as they predicted, then it's a relief. So what?

The "scary scenarios" that "eco-zealots" conjure are no worse than the scary scenarios that you and the right wing movements HAVE been promoting about Obama, tax, spend, and wars.

Ffffffeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Do you realize that you sound like a conspiracy theorist? When scientists are concerned about the climate change and how it will affect the ecology, they should have the responsibility to inform the government about it. If they're wrong, they're wrong. Some policies are wrong and we learn from them. Pollution has ALWAYS been an issue and this time, it's more "global" as we consume more than ever and emit more pollution than ever. Local pollution is very real, obviously, duh. Regional pollution is real. Duh. Smog in many cities are troubling. Temperatures are increasing all over the world in the past few decades and scientists are convinced it is NOT normal because they feel it doesn't follow the normal climate pattern as they've observed in the past.

If the climate does not worsen as they predicted, then it's a relief. So what?

The "scary scenarios" that "eco-zealots" conjure are no worse than the scary scenarios that you and the right wing movements HAVE been promoting about Obama, tax, spend, and wars.

You need remember it is Al Gore who does that on a daily basis. Heck, he's the king of eco-zealots on the "scaryness" indicator. Even his recent book cover depicts a "scary" and "catastrophic" picture with 5 Hurricanes in it. One of them spinning in the wrong direction. And you can see Cuba totally submerged which would require a sea level rise of 6500 ft. And then you have one hurricane near Peru, an impossible place for hurricanes to form. Most if not all of Florida is gone which would be incorrect if Cuba is completely underwater then the sea level would've reached past into northern Georgia wiping out a good portion of the southeast. Etc..Etc..

Al Gore fuels climate change skeptics with cover of new book

They're eco-zealots with no scientific basis.

You need remember it is Al Gore who does that on a daily basis. Heck, he's the king of eco-zealots on the "scaryness" indicator. Even his recent book cover depicts a "scary" and "catastrophic" picture with 5 Hurricanes in it. One of them spinning in the wrong direction. And you can see Cuba totally submerged which would require a sea level rise of 6500 ft. And then you have one hurricane near Peru, an impossible place for hurricanes to form. Most if not all of Florida is gone which would be incorrect if Cuba is completely underwater then the sea level would've reached past into northern Georgia wiping out a good portion of the southeast. Etc..Etc..

Al Gore fuels climate change skeptics with cover of new book

They're eco-zealots with no scientific basis.

that reminds me of someone.... :hmm:

Kokonut, why don't you SHOW us YOUR scienific proof that there's no climate change that exist. Your talk has been going in circles and circles and never given us solid proof. You're wasting our time.

Kokonut, why don't you SHOW us YOUR scienific proof that there's no climate change that exist. Your talk has been going in circles and circles and never given us solid proof. You're wasting our time.

Please re-read what you just actually wrote. Climate change happens ALL THE TIME. It has been going on for hundreds, thousands, millions and, yes, even a few billions years.

Please re-read what you just actually wrote. Climate change happens ALL THE TIME. It has been going on for hundreds, thousands, millions and, yes, even a few billions years.

Well, I'm talking about your own proof showing that this climate change wasn't caused by humans. :-P

Show me unequivocal proof that it is caused by man.

Why not you show your own hard proof...you were the one starting trying to tell us that this climate change wasn't caused by man.

The Medieval period back several hundred years ago is well documented as having a much warmer period than we are having now. And that was with even less human population. So, you got to ask this question. How is that possible? Less CO2 back then yet it was warmer?

It's a matter of asking the right questions here.

Back