Occupational therapy (ot)

ArestaL

Reaction score
Hi!
I wonder if any one can help me i have been told by the housing manager where i live that i need a occupational therapist to come round to my home and check things out. I have asked the council were you find them and how to contact then and the answer they dont know. I have asked my doctors and the answer is thay dont know. I have asked my therapist and the answer is they dont know.

Are they real or is some one just having a joke with me ???? If they are real where do you find them how do you contact them ???

Thank you

P.S. it is possable now to get registed as disabled deaf/hard of hearing i have a letter fom the council with a registed pass​

Maybe contact rehab facilities or hospitals in your area. They should know.
Do you have health insurance? They should have a list.

Hi!

I wonder if any one can help me i have been told by the housing manager where i live that i need a occupational therapist to come round to my home and check things out. I have asked the council were you find them and how to contact then and the answer they dont know. I have asked my doctors and the answer is thay dont know. I have asked my therapist and the answer is they dont know.

Are they real or is some one just having a joke with me ???? If they are real where do you find them how do you contact them ???

Thank you

P.S. it is possable now to get registed as disabled deaf/hard of hearing i have a letter fom the council with a registed pass
They're not real.
Neither is meeting your wife in five degree weather centigrade a couple weeks ago.
Do you think we are idiots?

Last edited:
* Just a minor note- but be aware that color fonts can be a problem for some deafblind members to read.

*noted so I don't get yelled at by a certain individual...; )

Sorry, I don't know anything about what services are available in Russia.

I am an occupational therapist - but in the USA. I promise we are real, though I can't help out with finding one in Russia.

From Google: Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent—or live better with—injury, illness, or disability.
Soooo alike chiropractor or acupuncture but for kids maybe

From Google: Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent—or live better with—injury, illness, or disability.
Soooo alike chiropractor or acupuncture but for kids maybe
No, not like a chiropractor or acupuncture. OT's help people regain the use of things like fingers, hands, arms, legs, feet to the best that's possible. So the person can have a better quality of life.

I had Occupational Therapy when I was little girl. It made a huge difference in my life with Cerebral Palsy.

OT's aren't like chiropractor or acupuncture.

We help people become more independent by teaching them life skills, or skills to modulate their disability. We help people regain the use of their arms/fingers/hands/feet etc, teach physical skills such as wheelchair transfers, teach cognitive skills such as how to read a bus route, perform evaluations of people for all ages to enable people to do all of the things they need to do in life. We also assess buildings for accessibility, do adaptive equipment evaluations and teach people how to use their equipment etc. We work in schools, hospitals, nursing, rehab, people's homes and in the community.

My son-in-law benefited from OT after his accident.

No, not like a chiropractor or acupuncture. OT's help people regain the use of things like fingers, hands, arms, legs, feet to the best that's possible. So the person can have a better quality of life.

make mistake sorry

Back