Obstacles

icecl_out1

Reaction score
What's the biggest obstacle you've had to over come in a relationship?

With my current realtionship my obstacle to overcome is acceptance. Everyone I hang out with and my dad do not approve of the girl i am dating.

Why doesn't your dad approve of the gal you're dating?

The biggest obstacle that I've had was trust.

dad doesnt approve

my dad doesn't approve because he says i could better and i dont deserve to waste myself on her. but i dont care i love her and he'll have to deal with it.

That is a tough obstacle to overcome. But I do have a bit of advice for you and anyone else in similiar situation -- only to be taken up on own distriction...

Usually if friends and family disapprove of the individual you're dating, then you might want to hear their reasoning and take a step back and anaylze it... she may be a wonderful girl for you, but if she ever disrespects your family, friends or whatever, then it could be a sign she'd do the same to you....

I learned this from my last ex... my family and friends did not approve of him at all... and I wished I did listen to them eariler on... I was "blind" to their reasoning and was in "love" with him for almost 3 years and realized that I was being isolated from my friends and family being with him. It made me also realize that a man should be respectful to my family and friends, and vice versa... if my family and friends like him, then he's a catch! Usually your family and friends know what's best for you. Just keep that in mind.

But anyway my biggest obstacle is probably trust (like Vampy's). But I'm a lot better right now because I learned to communicate in order to overcome the paranoia of that.

Sweet_KJ said:
Usually if friends and family disapprove of the individual you're dating, then you might want to hear their reasoning and take a step back and anaylze it... she may be a wonderful girl for you, but if she ever disrespects your family, friends or whatever, then it could be a sign she'd do the same to you....

well it's not my family that hates her just my dad. my mom, sister, brother...they all love her and she gets along with all of them. its just my dad is stubborn and really jealous of me. ever since my mom left him....my dad has hated all the girls i like. and my friends, well their not as good of friends as i thought they were. i found out only after dating brittney that for some time they have been talking behind my back and stuff and so it was my fault not seeing them for who they reallt were.

Yeah Icecl_out is right, I am Brittney, his girlfriend, and he is absolutely correct, my bestfriend Shobai was hanging out with him and Icecl_outs Dad was like "She is cute, why don't you date her?" and Icecl said "I don't like her" and that just started a whole other arguement. :asshole: His dad really pissed me off, I called and he called me Bridget! And he was aware of what my name was! that made me mad! And he is right, his whole family loves me, it is his dad that hates me, his mom loves me alot, we are always talking, she is the coolest! LOL :laugh2:

corona_babe135 said:
Yeah Icecl_out is right, I am Brittney, his girlfriend, and he is absolutely correct, my bestfriend Shobai was hanging out with him and Icecl_outs Dad was like "She is cute, why don't you date her?" and Icecl said "I don't like her" and that just started a whole other arguement. :asshole: His dad really pissed me off, I called and he called me Bridget! And he was aware of what my name was! that made me mad! And he is right, his whole family loves me, it is his dad that hates me, his mom loves me alot, we are always talking, she is the coolest! LOL :laugh2:

yeah but if i did dump brittney (which i will never do) and went out with shobai then my dad would hate shobai and finally warm up to brittney. :bsflag: My dad will never be pleased with my choice of women or women in general. after what my mom did to him all women are the devil. its a suprise he hasn't turned gay. or maybe he has and just isn't talking. (no offense to gays or anything. i think if a man and another man or woman and another woman love eachother and marry and all that stuff it's fine. so yeah not hating on the gays.)

so to my dad...:fu:

and to corona_babe...:kiss:

icecl_out1 said:
yeah but if i did dump brittney (which i will never do) and went out with shobai then my dad would hate shobai and finally warm up to brittney. :bsflag: My dad will never be pleased with my choice of women or women in general. after what my mom did to him all women are the devil. its a suprise he hasn't turned gay. or maybe he has and just isn't talking. (no offense to gays or anything. i think if a man and another man or woman and another woman love eachother and marry and all that stuff it's fine. so yeah not hating on the gays.)

so to my dad...:fu:

and to corona_babe...:kiss:

Thanks! Yeah you are so right! And you know, that I am bi, so of course you don't hate gays! if you bad mouth me or other gays you will be whipped! :whip: you are the best, and thank you so much for prom! You made my night magical! :giggle: ;)
And to you Icecl_out :kiss:

Oh ok. cool.. then your gf is probably and most likely cool... I just misread what you said in your first posting... I thought you said "Everyone and my dad" so that's a bad sign. But since it was only your dad having issues with it, and there's a background for it, man, that is tough situation.

I made my comment earlier to be taken in consideration in the event the whole family and group of friends have issues with your relationship.

Sweet_KJ said:
Oh ok. cool.. then your gf is probably and most likely cool... I just misread what you said in your first posting... I thought you said "Everyone and my dad" so that's a bad sign. But since it was only your dad having issues with it, and there's a background for it, man, that is tough situation.

I made my comment earlier to be taken in consideration in the event the whole family and group of friends have issues with your relationship.

yeah my girlfriend is cool...well she's more than cool but yeah...and it's cool...i understand about the misreading.

Back