Obama's support for Deaf

If you look at Obama's website, you'll see that he has an excellent plan for the disabled.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/disabilities/

Also, his campaign ads were captioned -- unlike McCain's, so that's saying something positive about the fact that he wants to make his campaign information as accessible as possible.

I'm hoping that Obama will be able to expand our rights under the ADA while he's in office. Only time will tell if that's going to happen. :)

Part of Obama's plan includes overturning Supreme Court decisions (is that a good precedence?) and signing on to the UN's declaration (does the rest of the world give better treatment to disabled people; should we let the UN control us?).

Where is the funding for the programs that he plans? I found "fully funding" several times in the pdf but no explanation for where the money will be found. :dunno:

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/DisabilityPlanFactSheet.pdf

Part of Obama's plan includes overturning Supreme Court decisions (is that a good precedence?) and signing on to the UN's declaration (does the rest of the world give better treatment to disabled people; should we let the UN control us?).

Where is the funding for the programs that he plans? I found "fully funding" several times in the pdf but no explanation for where the money will be found. :dunno:

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/DisabilityPlanFactSheet.pdf

if president bush can find the funds necessary to pay for the war in iraq at $12 billion/month, i'm sure obama can do the same.

if president bush can find the funds necessary to pay for the war in iraq at $12 billion/month, i'm sure obama can do the same.
So where would Obama find those funds? Cut from other programs, or increase taxes?

So where would Obama find those funds? Cut from other programs, or increase taxes?

i think obama would cut other programs since he promised no taxes for those making over $250,000/year.

i think obama would cut other programs since he promised no taxes for those making over $250,000/year.
So whose programs will be cut? Defense? Homeland Security?

Maybe we could eliminate the wasted money we send to the UN. :D

So whose programs will be cut? Defense? Homeland Security?

i highly doubt obama would cut defense or homeland security. instead, i think he'd cut programs that don't really serve any purpose and aren't needed. how that is determined, i don't know.

i like your idea of eliminating money we send to the un. i'm all for that. :cool2:

Yes!

We don't need U.N. at all therefore sweep them off our land and stop paying them our wasteful money! Only I wouldn't mind to help WHO, probably.

I don't think so. He's more likely to cut funds for the deaf like he did in Illios.

I don't think so. He's more likely to cut funds for the deaf like he did in Illios.

that's not true, dreama. at a news conference yesterday obama said he would cut other programs that don't need to exist and are causing wasteful spending.

It was probably from governor or someone from government in our state, not Obama.

Obama is senator, that's not same as state government.

that's not true, dreama. at a news conference yesterday obama said he would cut other programs that don't need to exist and are causing wasteful spending.
Which programs don't need to exist?

If you look at Obama's website, you'll see that he has an excellent plan for the disabled.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Disabilities

Also, his campaign ads were captioned -- unlike McCain's, so that's saying something positive about the fact that he wants to make his campaign information as accessible as possible.

I'm hoping that Obama will be able to expand our rights under the ADA while he's in office. Only time will tell if that's going to happen. :)

hey I wonder if it true that Obama want to cut the SSI? my friend told me..but other friend said no it's not true.

He talked about cutting programs that didnt work so perhaps that's probably where he plans to use the money from. Just my assumption.

Back