Obamacare and mandatory implants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's advocate:

If healthcare is provided, then that means sick workers will be able to get back to work even quicker right? Means no lost hours. No lost job positions. No lost salaries. That means they earn more money... to guess what? Buy things. If they buy things, it creates more demands... which encourage people to produce more.

Not that I agree with it... but... I have other reasons not to agree with healthcare-- and it's not an economic one either. The economic reasoning behind providing healthcare is sound; the political or civil reason is debatable though.

It'd be fine except there is no money to fund all these programs. It is a program that continues to expand and grow. It is simply unsustainable. States recognize this.

Forcing states to pay when there is no money in the first place isn't going to help anything in the short and long term of things, including health care which will just get worse.

Just print more money!

:giggle:

It has absolutely nothing to do with denigrating Christian beliefs. Don't be so defensive.
I'll quit being defensive when you quit being offensive.

It has to do with the absurdity of likening the VeriChip to the "mark of the beast" or the "Anti-Christ." Those were the statements made in the article referenced.
Can you prove that it's an absurd connection?

And, you might want to keep your objection first and foremost in your mind the next time you decide to denigrate any belief that does not comply with your particular brand of Christianity.
I've never used " :laugh2: " in relation to anyone's religious beliefs. I don't find anyone's religious beliefs to be a subject for humor. Even if I don't agree with someone's beliefs I don't laugh at them.

Now, back on topic: per the article referenced. Comparison of the VeriChip to the Anti-christ? How can anyone give such an absurdity credibility, especially when used to support a false statement that madatory implantation is provided for in the health care bill.
Even if you don't believe it, why did you have mock those who do? That is my question about your post.

It'd be fine except there is no money to fund all these programs. It is a program that continues to expand and grow. It is simply unsustainable. States recognize this.

Again, the economics behind it are sound. Can't have a valid argument against health care based on economics. Well, you can I guess, but only if you have very little understanding of economic theory.

Devil's advocate:

If healthcare is provided, then that means sick workers will be able to get back to work even quicker right? Means no lost hours. No lost job positions. No lost salaries. That means they earn more money... to guess what? Buy things. If they buy things, it creates more demands... which encourage people to produce more.

Well, if that's the case - then why are the rest of the Countries that have national health care are no better/worse off than we are?

Because according to your rational ........... places like UK, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, etc ........ should be beating the bejeezus off us economically, instead of just sputtering along, like us!

-charles

I'll quit being defensive when you quit being offensive.

It would not have been interpreted as offensive if you were not so defensive.:cool2:

Can you prove that it's an absurd connection?
It is an opinion. Can I prove that the opinion is valid? Most certainly. Can you prove that there is a connection?
I've never used " :laugh2: " in relation to anyone's religious beliefs. I don't find anyone's religious beliefs to be a subject for humor. Even if I don't agree with someone's beliefs I don't laugh at them.

I did not say that you laughed at the religious beliefs of others...just that you routinely criticize them. And again, I wasn't laughing at anyone's religious beliefs. I was laughing at the absurdity of the connection made and the fact that it was used to support an argument. And I will still laugh at it. I find it terribly funny.

Even if you don't believe it, why did you have mock those who do? That is my question about your post.

Gee, I don't know Reba. I guess for the same reason that you mock those that don't subscribe to your particular belief system.:cool2:

Well, if that's the case - then why are the rest of the Countries that have national health care are no better/worse off than we are?

Because according to your rational ........... places like UK, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, etc ........ should be beating the bejeezus off us economically, instead of just sputtering along, like us!

-charles

Because it doesn't take into account like:

- Aging population
- How many people are on lifelong disability welfare
- Abuse of healthcare system

First one is inevitable, unless we make another baby-boomer generation or import a bunch of Indians, Indonesians and Chinese. Or just hunch down and bear the pain for awhile.

Second one-- stop job discrimination based on physical ability (and in some cases, mental ability.) There is no reason why those people can't get a job. Why people don't have jobs? Social discrimination still exists.

Third... something we have to keep curbing everytime it comes up.

Just print more money!

:giggle:

That's not the answer. It's a matter of how one spends and manage a program. Printing more money is indicative of something is not working right and the problem is usually spending beyond the allocated amount set aside each year.

I guess you missed the giggling emoticon. Clue = it was a humorous statement, not a serious one.

It would not have been interpreted as offensive if you were not so defensive.
That's the excuse all offenders could make. White racists could say the same thing when they use the "n" word and black people take offense. Put the blame on the people whom you offend.

I did not say that you laughed at the religious beliefs of others...just that you routinely criticize them.
Routinely criticize? No.

Disagree. Sometimes.

Use laughing smilies in my posts of differing religious statements? Never.

And again, I wasn't laughing at anyone's religious beliefs. I was laughing at the absurdity of the connection made and the fact that it was used to support an argument. And I will still laugh at it. I find it terribly funny.

Gee, I don't know Reba. I guess for the same reason that you mock those that don't subscribe to your particular belief system.
I've never mocked other people for their beliefs. That's your way, not mine.

I defend my beliefs. I don't mock other people for their beliefs. I don't attack their IQ's or mental health.

That's the excuse all offenders could make. White racists could say the same thing when they use the "n" word and black people take offense. Put the blame on the people whom you offend.

Routinely criticize? No.

Disagree. Sometimes.

Use laughing smilies in my posts of differing religious statements? Never.

I've never mocked other people for their beliefs. That's your way, not mine.

Nor did I attack anyone's mental health or their I.Q. What is it with the conservatives that they think they have to add words and intent to what is actually there?

I defend my beliefs. I don't mock other people for their beliefs. I don't attack their IQ's or mental health.

Deep breaths, Reba. Deep breaths.

Indeed. Good question, too.

I'd pick you to seek counseling advice any day.

I have been verichipped.

did you know my CI come with a serial number that would trace back to me?

Anyway, I don't know why we HAVE to have a verichip. I think we are doing fine as we are now.

I have been verichipped.

did you know my CI come with a serial number that would trace back to me?

Anyway, I don't know why we HAVE to have a verichip. I think we are doing fine as we are now.

No where does it say in the health care bill that anyone HAS to have a VeriChip. Not to worry.

Which reminds me...this has gone seriously off topic. The thread is about the false claim that the health care bill provides for mandatory implantation.

Ignoring the fact that the bill has more than ample material to hate, nutballs have to go out and make up stuff about forced GPS implants, or something. Bravo...

Ignoring the fact that the bill has more than ample material to hate, nutballs have to go out and make up stuff about forced GPS implants, or something. Bravo...

There you go. And I think that has been the point all along. Argue on actual facts; not some made up rumor. And then defend the absurd argument as valid.

What does counseling have to do with it?

Where exactly did you see a question?
This was the question in the post he quoted:

"Even if you don't believe it, why did you have mock those who do?"

This was the question in the post he quoted:

"Even if you don't believe it, why did you have mock those who do?"

Okay...now; what does counseling have to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back