Obama family adopt, not buy, dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome that the Obama family decided to adopt a dog from a shelter instead of buying a dog from breeders.

"We are very pleased to hear that President-elect Obama has decided to adopt a puppy from an animal shelter," said Jon Cicirelli, deputy director of the San Jose Animal Care Center. "Our residents can follow his lead and ask themselves if they, too, can make a difference in the life of a homeless animal. We say, 'Yes, you can!' "

Obamas will adopt, rather than buy, a dog - San Jose Mercury News

A poodle...Good choice!
Of course I am biased since I grew up with a poodle. :)

Good for the Obama family! :D

A poodle is an excellent choice for someone who has allergies.

Wow, that's awesome that the Obama family decided to adopt a dog from a shelter instead of buying a dog from breeders.

"We are very pleased to hear that President-elect Obama has decided to adopt a puppy from an animal shelter," said Jon Cicirelli, deputy director of the San Jose Animal Care Center. "Our residents can follow his lead and ask themselves if they, too, can make a difference in the life of a homeless animal. We say, 'Yes, you can!' "

Obamas will adopt, rather than buy, a dog - San Jose Mercury News

Good for the Obama family. They are setting a good example for all of us by adopting a pet from a shelter instead of buying it from a pet store (which dog may have come from a dog/pupply mill) or from a puppy mill. Plus, those pets at the shelter need homes, so many are euthanized because there are simply not enough room at the shelters. If we all followed the Obama family's example, many pets from shelters could be saved from being euthanized and they could have homes. It would be wonderful if that happened.

Having a poodle does seem like a good choice!:D

Maybe many will follow their example and many pets will be saved who otherwise would have been destroyed!

Wow, that's a good example Obama did for the community! I am glad he adopted instead of buying from a breeder.

Um, the Obama family is NOT getting a poodle (unless it's also in shelter). It was a private breeder organization that wanted to sell a poodle to the Obama family. The family was GOING to get a poodle from the private breeder but decided that they'd rather get a dog from a shelter.

Oh goodness, netrox, I am so embarrassed! Sorry!! I guess my bias certainly comes into play here--I saw that the majority of votes went to the poodle and I just assumed too much.
Jeez, maybe they will get a kangaroo. :(

I heard on CNN today that the Obama's now have a black Scottish Terrier and named it "Barney" (who incidentally bit the hand of a reporter today):

Barney Bites Reporter » Right Pundits

I just deleted my post Beowulf because I just re-read the article and it said the terrier's name was "Barney Bush." Confused...

Well, would you blame a poodle biting a reporter if it was named Barney Bush? Poor thing was just expressing itself.. probably wanted to be called Fifi. ;)

I have just viewed the video clip. It seems that Barney didn't know what the reporter was going to do to him. It was the reporter's fault anyway, he shoudln't have his hand toward his face.

Barney was VERY depressed that he's leaving the White House. That's why he bit the reporter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back