Nypd Pride Honoring Orlando Victims

Am I correct in saying/thinking that a person is "born" gay/lesbian/tranny...even straight? One Lady said that her son, whose Father had left when he was at a very young age...decided he was Gay...and she said it was "because" the Father was not in the home and watching her apply makeup and heels, etc., etc. She blames the Father...hmmmm

Am I correct in saying/thinking that a person is "born" gay/lesbian/tranny...even straight? One Lady said that her son, whose Father had left when he was at a very young age...decided he was Gay...and she said it was "because" the Father was not in the home and watching her apply makeup and heels, etc., etc. She blames the Father...hmmmm
I believe they are born with their gender ID.

There are a few who 'decide' or choose to be gay because of environmental circumstances but science has said that most are born as gay or transgender (tranny is kind of offensive to trans people). Some will say it is a mix of nature and nurture.

The example in RR's post is just trying to find a way to blame the father for leaving because it just happened to happen around the same time. I'm betting the kid knew he was gay whether or not the father left.

I have a friend whose daughter was born a female and in recent year wanted to be like a man which made sticky situation for the family.

1 of my Nephews is gay and married to a lesbian...sort of a "cover up" I assume ??...he's also a cross-dresser and stole (LOL) some of my clothes when I went to visit years back...got home and they were missing. (My niece told me she found them in his trunk of clothes he kept)...Oh well...

So...rarely, if ever... do we hear about A-Sexuals (Anti-Sexual)...

you should see all the 'nuances' of identity relating to sexual identity these days... it's mind boggling. I saw some sort of chart a while ago either on FB or one of my wanderings through google one night...

there's also a-gender too.. I guess that would be the same as nonbinary gender...

So...rarely, if ever... do we hear about A-Sexuals (Anti-Sexual)...
I get lots of news feeds on FB about asexual from one or two friends. Don't know if they are asexual - considering I share "get the word out" things even though they might not affect me personally.

RR - yes, in my experience <personally as bisexual, and from others in GBLTQ community> people are born in such a way... and usually know it very early on, but they may not have words/signs to explain, just a "knowing". For me, I knew I was attracted to girls/females starting from I was in elementary school, but didn't have the mindset or knowledge to put things together til high school <high school in mid-late 80's>. I had no GLBTQ role models or others I knew who were such, til high school, where there were both out students and teachers.
Sexual orientation and gender identity are a spectrum.

its not a cookie cutter one size fits all box every one can be neatly packed in..

theres a wide spectrum,

its both in different mixes..
born and nurture..

the wife here can blame anything she likes..it doesnt mean anything at all...

its a natural way to be.
just as straight is natural.

its just a part of how we are as a species..

its always been that way..

the difference is now through years of hard won political effort and gains. there is a movement that is able to dominant (a good thing) the public square when it decides too.
(pride days, pride months, the memorials to orlando so on so forth)

that movement didnt come cheap. nor fats..

engels of communist fame no less, (marxs partner in his writings) even wrote about it in the late victorian period. he thought eventually they would become a political block and gain equal rights...in his time it was prison for homosexuals...(oscar wild as an example)...

it took around 100 eyars to get to where the movement is...

it took around 100 eyars to get to where the movement is...

I hope it doesn't take 100 years more to continue the movement to where being LGBTQ is just part of life as today there are still so many resisters (So-Called governor McCrory for one....hope he's voted out in Nov).

I hope it doesn't take 100 years more to continue the movement to where being LGBTQ is just part of life as today there are still so many resisters (So-Called governor McCrory for one....hope he's voted out in Nov).

the old guard is dying. the guard is changing. those like him cant be changed so they will along with their generation will pass.

ist come along way in a long time..

most of thse gains relatively recent...

we Deaf need to learn from them, what ever we can.

the old guard is dying. the guard is changing. those like him cant be changed so they will along with their generation will pass.

ist come along way in a long time..

most of thse gains relatively recent...

we Deaf need to learn from them, what ever we can.

True. There will still be people like these 'old guard' (because they were taught to be that way).. but not as many (we hope).

Back