Nyle Dimarco’s Biggest Talent Lies In How He’s Used His Profile To Benefit The Deaf Community

hoichi

Reaction score
this is from lymping chicken

some info i didnt know

http://limpingchicken.com/2016/05/26/nyle-dimarco/

his victory messege is wicked..

"“This is for 70 million of Deaf people in the world! This is for all the Deaf kids suffering language deprivation. Only 2% of 70 million of Deaf people have access to education in sign language. More than 75% of parents don’t sign to their Deaf kids. Winning this is a HUGE step to ending LANGUAGE DEPRIVATION of millions.”

Yeah it's awesome..in my ASL class last night we discussed. also:ty: for posting the Limping Chicken blog, hadn't been on there in a while-

what did the false teeth did that made the lipreading impossible for you?

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Probably the fact that sometimes false teeth aren't fitted properly so enunciation gets screwed up. I remember a friend of mine had to get a full upper plate and partial bottom... and had to practice how to speak as it does sound different and not as natural (she noted that she had trouble with some speech patterns like the blends or S).

If I recall correctly, Limping Chicken's a Brit and the deaf over there have it worse than we do here....

The way he moved his lips was different than before. And what D.D. said. It was like I hadda learn his lip movement all over again.

Really, this is ...unreal! I had no idea... sorry about that. how about now, are you able to read well his "false toothy" lips now ? ;)

Fuzzy

i believe besides bieng Deaf, the other thing rokinrobin and i have in common is that we both found false teeth on a beach...
interesting place the thread has spun

Hoichi: thing rokinrobin and i have in common is that we both found false teeth on a beach...

now, that's give a whole new meaning to the "beach combers"... :hmm:

:giggle:

Fuzzy

Have met quite a few hearing people with false teeth...LOL...and some of them when they tried to speak to me they actually "spit"...some their teeth "wobbled"...and a friend actually lost his upper false teeth trying to tell me something....LOL.....(they popped out)...
And of course, Hoichi and I have nuthin' in common...he's toooo old for me and can't remember we met last summer at the Beach...too stoned I'm guessing....(he was looking for his false teeth and his toupee)....I found his false teeth but his toupee was flying in the wind....LOL

It's true. High-profile is easy for people to pay attention. I'm not famous enough when I have important article or video - nobody care about me. Don't worry, I'm fine with that way.

And of course, Hoichi and I have nuthin' in common...he's toooo old for me and can't remember we met last summer at the Beach...too stoned I'm guessing....(he was looking for his false teeth and his toupee)....I found his false teeth but his toupee was flying in the wind....LOL

That was too funny.

Back