nurtrition Certification

HorseRace

Reaction score
hello! what do you think about this ? I might want to be this if i go back to college..just what if that all but i am still training horse i love it anyway! haha! i just want to know more about this..

i did try to use search box with that.. and find some class of that..

tell me if it is good? job available? anything? just give me your opinion that all.. cool!

Nutrition Management or Dietician is a good career to have.

Make sure you understand what the Nutrition Certificate will allow you to do with it.

There are 4 years college degrees where you work in a hospital, weight loss management center, etc. You can probably have a business where you go to people's home and help them by looking at their refrigerator and tell them how to make better nutrition choices.

There are some like Dietary Technology or something close to that name that'll only allow you to work in school cafeteria or hospital cafeteria.

Depends on what your goal is. What does Nutrition Certificate say it will help you with?

It is a good career to get into. People look for nutrition help all the time.

For professional nutritionists, an advanced degree (masters or doctoral level) from a regionally accredited institution in the field of nutrition, or a field allied to nutrition and relevant to the practice of nutrition. A list of eligible educational institutions is compiled by the American Council on Education (Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education). Advanced degrees earned from institutions outside the United States will be considered by the CBNS on an individual basis.

For licensed health care professionals (includes holders of MD, DO, DC, DDS, and DPM licenses), documentation of graduation from an accredited institution and a current license to practice withinthe US or country of residence are required. In addition, documentation of additional formal orstructured informal course work in nutrition is required.

And just by sheer luck, one of the Deaf community Big Three offers a bachelor’s degree in dietetics. I’ll bet there’s no more than ten signing Deaf RD’s in the entire United States. You could totally write your own ticket if you decide to do this.

CSUN’s Didactic Program in Dietetics.

Actually, I don’t think they had it 20 years ago. I was at Los Angeles Valley College then, and one of my professors was urging me to look into becoming an RD. If Northridge was offering it back then, I probably would have known about it.

You want to be an RD? You look like you’re in your mid-forties. Plenty of time for a career switcharoo. That’s what I’m doing right now.

Back