Nurse Drop New Born Baby on his head b/c she was tried

I heard about nurses and doctors not getting enough sleep and being overworked , but is no excuse for dropping a baby in his head. :(

"Because im tired"
Wow...
well. Im sure shes still ssve and secured in her job...
Meh

Not much info in the article, but I'd say she was finishing up a overnight duty, sitting in a rocking chair, feeding the infant who would be feeding very slowly. If she was rocking slowly, I can see dozing off, the infant slipping down her lap and landing with a thud on it's head. Accidents happen, bad accidents, I still have sympathy for her and the parents and the baby. I'm sorry for all involved, no need to crucify the poor nurse.

Accidents do happen but if it was my baby I would be so angry. Nurses need to be more cautious if they get too tired. I've been extremely tired when my babies were infants but I never dropped one. These poor parents gave birth to a healthy baby which should have been the happiest time of their lives. Now there tiny baby has a fractured skull. Someone needs to answer for this one. Sorry....but if someone hurts one of my kids I get very upset.

Sad, yes...but accidents do happen...even to the most careful of people. I'm sure this Nurse is devastated.....and at least she didn't mean to do it....as some parents do....

Ouch... If that was my daughter, no I would not sympathize with the nurse. She has to understand her responsibility when handling an infant, tiredness is no excuse. I've been exhausted tending to my baby without incident, something else has to give. :hmm:

well said rr...
maybe look into why she so tired bc she most definatly be dealing with other babies that night the hospital may have a lot to answer for.
FF I sure she understands her responsibility and very likely over the years she saved many babies lives

Back