Not getting emails re watched threads new posts

Jane B.

Reaction score
I have started not receiving my emails when new posts are made to threads that I am watching. I just checked my watched threads anyway and there were 4 that were posted to this morning!

What is the best procedure to get this corrected?

Check your spam folder.

Or check your profile and make sure you have notifications selected.

Did you change email accounts? Some email providers don't work with some sites. I had to set up an email account with a different provider to receive emails from AD and another site. I set it up to forward to my main email so I don't have to remember to check it.

AD was down for a while over the weekend, could be server related.

AD was down for a while over the weekend, could be server related.

It has been longer than that. And I had more missing today. How do you change notifications in profile? I don't seem to be getting to the right place.

It has been longer than that. And I had more missing today. How do you change notifications in profile? I don't seem to be getting to the right place.

Click on your name at the top of the page.
In the drop down menu click on Alert Notifications (in left column)
There you can check to see what is ticked and what isn't.

Like Deafducky says above... if that doesn't work, then you'll have to talk to Alex.

Sorry about that, guys! I'll look into this tomorrow and will get it fixed.

Sorry about that, guys! I'll look into this tomorrow and will get it fixed.

Thank you, Alex.
I decided to wait until Thanksgiving was over and was about to PM you because these are still missing in action. If I go to "watched threads" I often find a number listed but I am not getting the emails like I have in the past when new posts are made to any I am watching. I have even turned some off and back on and it did not fix the problem. I have made sure that when starting new ones or re-enabling old ones the dot for receiving emails shows up when making my choices about watching.

The email issue should be fixed by now.

Thanks for your patience, guys!

Back