No ordinary hero

My ASL ranking = poor. What does the teacher say at the 1:17 mark? Heck, I need CC for the ASL signs. :ugh:

When I watch this, it counts down backwards. Where is the 1:17 mark? Explain what you're seeing, I can probably fill that in for you.

Hush - all actresses/actors are hearing. They do not sign ASL fluently, so no!

It is like African American acting in Japanese ninja movie, bad taste!!!
Do you think all deaf/Deaf people are fluent in ASL ?

I think it's "curious."
Right, AlleyCat?
Is it the spot where she's doing a twist on the throat? If so, that's saying "voice off" as in turning off your voice (going silent) and just sign.

I remember seeing "Voices" and the uproar it caused in the Deaf Community. There was even CAV (Coalition Against Voices.)

Is it the spot where she's doing a twist on the throat? If so, that's saying "voice off" as in turning off your voice (going silent) and just sign.
Oh dang, you are right.
Gotta get my mind out of the gutter I guess.

I haven't seen any deaf movies. I do watch Switched at Birth though.

Is it the spot where she's doing a twist on the throat? If so, that's saying "voice off" as in turning off your voice (going silent) and just sign
Yes, that exactly! Thank you!

Do you think all deaf/Deaf people are fluent in ASL ?

Not all, but I prefer ASL skilled deaf/Deaf person acting in movie Hush.

Would you rather a guy who is skilled black belt karate in movie or someone who is on white belt (very basic) karate skills in movie? You can tell this guy can't karate for shit. Step by step by step versus run fast, jump on wall, flip backward 360 degrees and land then head kick, knockout!

Not all, but I prefer ASL skilled deaf/Deaf person acting in movie Hush.

Would you rather a guy who is skilled black belt karate in movie or someone who is on white belt (very basic) karate skills in movie? You can tell this guy can't karate for shit. Step by step by step versus run fast, jump on wall, flip backward 360 degrees and land then head kick, knockout!
you would be amazed how many actors arent Black Belt and do very well. And I mean really no karate experience at all, they just have great acrobatic skills with guidance.
But Ive seen some really bad B movies with 3rd degree black belts in them... its a 2 way street there.

Back