No being gay is not a choice.

If it was a choice gay people wouldn't be in the closet about it out of shame. Why would someone be ashamed of something that is their own decision?

Lysander

I've tried this argument with people. It never works. It's mostly religious people, because if God made people gay, but then condemned people for being gay then God would have made a mistake, or God was just cruel. So to believe that being gay is not a choice makes them question their beliefs. And it's easier to just believe what they want than to question religion.

and why do you care ? , the other people, religious or not , have the right to agree or disagree with your life style, orientation or whatever. You don’t have to explain yourself and others do t have to approve or disapprove, as long as you respect other people’s freedom, and what you are doing is legal .... just be and let be

DeafDucky

The problem with that as many LGBT can attest is that the religious people/'bible thumpers' try to actually cram that ideology down other people's throat. The aim is to get them to stop doing that.. it's fine they want to believe that but don't force it on other people (apparently some also scream there's a "Gay Agenda"-- pfft). I'm all for live and let live but I also don't like the idea of 'tolerating intolerance'.

Bear

It is not that we care so much about what they believe it is about the fact that they try to shove their beliefs down our throats. I am a christian but I am also bisexual. Do you know how often I hear the argument that there is no way I could be a true christian and still be bi? Do you have any idea how often I hear the argument that bisexuals are just confused and are actually straight people trying to be *cool* by liking the opposite sex? The only reason why I am bisexual is because being gay seems to be the in thing to do? Trust me, there is nothing about a choice to this. We are who we are and instead of preaching to tolerate intolerance. We should be preaching tolerance and acceptance to all. It is my belief that we should just love one another no matter what a bible says about how it is an abomination for man to lie with man. God also taught to love one another and no judging. I believe that as long as what someone else is doing isnt hurting me, to live and let live. Preach acceptance and love, not to look the other way when injustice is done.

Communication Software for Deaf Hard of Hearing - NexTalk