Nice AMC vehicle towed from apartment lot

PAY ATTENTION to what I am trying to say, How many times do I have to say when the buyer REALIZES of what happened, and decided to refuse return to the right owner, it becomes stolen, PERIOD!

If the buyer realizes and returned to the rightful owner then no, it is not stolen.

How hard is for you to understand? Maybe you need to open your eye wider!

maybe you should cite the law? oh yea... you couldn't.

Probably crushed and long gone already.

Drop my heart in my stomach... Do you know why? I used to fixing AMC cars when I was in high school. They were brand new AMC Gremlins, donated to the auto shop and driving classes. I used to learning to driving this same AMC Gremlin along with an instructor and students. The instructor asked me who you learn to drive, I told him I used to driving my go kart, never tell him that I drove my mom's 1974 Buick Electra and my first car without DL.

Say, you discovered a bag full of money on street. You pick up that bag, take it home.. Is it stolen? No, not yet. Then you decided to keep ot because it is a "finders keeper", what do you call it?
It is the knowledge that makes difference. Finding money is obviously enough for u to figure out. On other hand like this case when you bought a car from auction, took home and got call from somebody informing you that this car belonged to the rightful owner, u decided to balk and refuse do a thing. What do the law call it?

maybe you should cite the law? oh yea... you couldn't.

Say, you discovered a bag full of money on street. You pick up that bag, take it home.. Is it stolen? No, not yet. Then you decided to keep ot because it is a "finders keeper", what do you call it?
It is the knowledge that makes difference. Finding money is obviously enough for u to figure out. On other hand like this case when you bought a car from auction, took home and got call from somebody informing you that this car belonged to the rightful owner, u decided to balk and refuse do a thing.

I'm not interested in example. I'm interested in a specific law backing your claim. when you continue to fail to provide any credible source backing your claim and keep giving me some silly examples... you know what it means? you made it up.

and no this is not quite the same as finding a bag of money. nope. apple-orange.

What do the law call it?
It's called Shit Happens :lol:

anyway what did I tell you before?

I have a feeling that we're going to beat around the bush over this. bottom line.... you will not find any such law to back your claim.

go find a law proving you right and I'll bow before you and kiss the ground you walk on. until then.... STFU :cool2:

If that car has been crushed, then no it is not stolen because it has been destroyed before the new owner discovered that it was mistaken towed, blah blah, so the new owner won't be charged as stolen because it is too late.

Too bad if that car has been crushed, it sucks and sad. Really.

Last edited:
Jiro! Im really sick of you, don't you know that. The problem is you seems can't look the other side of coin.
huh? look other side of the coin? why don't we stick with actual laws? not some moral debate.

If that car has been crushed, then no it is not stolen because it has been destroyed before the new owner discovered that it was mistaken towed, blah blah, so the new owner won't be charged as stolen because it is too late.

Too bad if that car has been crushed, it sucks and sad. Really.

so now it's not considered as stolen? oh my! :dizzy:

all you have to do is cite the law that proves you right and that's it! ta-ta!

I had a Jeep that use AMC 258 I-6.. good torque but gas mileage was not that good.

Drop my heart in my stomach... Do you know why? I used to fixing AMC cars when I was in high school. They were brand new AMC Gremlins, donated to the auto shop and driving classes. I used to learning to driving this same AMC Gremlin along with an instructor and students. The instructor asked me who you learn to drive, I told him I used to driving my go kart, never tell him that I drove my mom's 1974 Buick Electra and my first car without DL.

How was the car sold without a title?

How was the car sold without a title?

They can sold without titles after 30 days in the impound yard. Sold as salvaged title. Towing company must report the impounded vehicle to police and DMV. They take license plates out of the vehicles prior to sale, hand these license plates to the DMV. If my brain is correct.

So now all we have left are 1,2,3, or 4 deflated tires......

But it wasn't abandoned. It had a current tag on it.

Good point. The towing company notify the vehicle owner by letter, if no hear from owner in final notice letter then they process the paperworks to sell the vehicle. Of course they take license plates with current or expired tags out of the abandoned vehicle. I remember it was in 1980. I don't know the today is the law for disabled or abandoned vehicles.

Back