Nice AMC vehicle towed from apartment lot

:( I hope the person that has the car will do the right thing and give the car back.

Supposely u paid something, later found it was stolen, do do? Usually u lose money, and must return to rightful owner... unless u caught the thief.

Same applies to this case, likely the buyer is pretty much stuck because its violation of law, the orignal owner has right to get back...

But . . . can the person that has it afford to just give it back? They did spend money to buy it.

Supposely u paid something, later found it was stolen, do do? Usually u lose money, and must return to rightful owner... unless u caught the thief.

Same applies to this case, likely the buyer is pretty much stuck because its violation of law, the orignal owner has right to get back...

it's not the same as knowingly selling a stolen property to a person. we can only hope that the buyer would act in his good conscience and give it back.

See? Giving back. There is law that protects owners with their property, still giving back equals loss of money for buyer... stolen or not whats difference?

Maybe u dont realize this, once the buyers discovered, and if the buyer refused to return, then it becomes a stolen property. See how both sides have relationship.

it's not the same as knowingly selling a stolen property to a person. we can only hope that the buyer would act in his good conscience and give it back.

See? Giving back. There is law that protects owners with their property, still giving back equals loss of money for buyer... stolen or not whats difference?

what's the difference? well..... one of them is a criminal offense...

what's the difference? well..... one of them is a criminal offense...

Sorry, I add but, point is when the new owner discovers and refused to return, what do u call that person? Its automatically becomes crime.

Sorry, I add but, point is when the new owner discovers and refused to return, what do u call that person? Its automatically becomes crime.

um.... lol nope. no such thing.

can't find it in my little legal book. is it in your book?

Good luck in finding information. This is very unique case and it is likely considered stolen once the new owner acknowledged and refused to return. Simple as is. If the new owner discovered, they are required to return them.

I learn from pawn shop, they did mentioned and will not buy anything that is obtained illegally because it can be easily considered as stolen or contrabands whether the seller actually bought the item or obtained in legal manner.

Good luck in finding information. This is very unique case and it is likely considered stolen once the new owner acknowledged and refused to return. Simple as is. If the new owner discovered, they are required to return them.
what do you mean good luck in finding info? you're the one who made such a claim. I've never heard of it and that's not really how the law works unless you showed me otherwise.

my gut's telling me that you're unable to find an info backing your claim.

I learn from pawn shop, they did mentioned and will not buy anything that is obtained illegally because it can be easily considered as stolen or contrabands whether the seller actually bought the item or obtained in legal manner.
1. it's illegal to knowingly sell a stolen property
2. it's illegal to knowingly buy a stolen property

so this vehicle wasn't stolen. the buyer bought the car in a legal manner. so no that buyer is not really required to return the property after the fact that the process wasn't fully followed. the owner can file a paperwork with court and hope for the best. and we can only hope that the buyer would return it back in a good conscience.

I have a feeling that we're going to beat around the bush over this. bottom line.... you will not find any such law to back your claim.

Did I read the article saying the car was junked? It's a shame they took it away without trying to locate the owner.

PAY ATTENTION to what I am trying to say, How many times do I have to say when the buyer REALIZES of what happened, and decided to refuse return to the right owner, it becomes stolen, PERIOD!

If the buyer realizes and returned to the rightful owner then no, it is not stolen.

How hard is for you to understand? Maybe you need to open your eye wider!

what do you mean good luck in finding info? you're the one who made such a claim. I've never heard of it and that's not really how the law works unless you showed me otherwise.

my gut's telling me that you're unable to find an info backing your claim.

1. it's illegal to knowingly sell a stolen property
2. it's illegal to knowingly buy a stolen property

so this vehicle wasn't stolen. the buyer bought the car in a legal manner. so no that buyer is not really required to return the property after the fact that the process wasn't fully followed. the owner can file a paperwork with court and hope for the best. and we can only hope that the buyer would return it back in a good conscience.

I have a feeling that we're going to beat around the bush over this. bottom line.... you will not find any such law to back your claim.

Back