New To The Deaf Community

LeAnn Brown

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I grew up with moderate/severe hearing loss, yet now that I'm older it's profound. I was mainstreamed and had to rely solely on voice and lip reading. My voice is still good (so I'm told), but lip reading is getting more and more difficult (not sure why). Now I'm learning ASL and loving it so much and wishing I had learned it many many years ago! I feel like a whole world has opened up now that I'm starting to look into assistive devices and such to help with communicating with the hearing world, and video relay to communicate with the Deaf community. Looking forward to hearing from everyone and getting advice/suggestions on things that improve life!

Hi ! I think people been texting for so long they're forgetting how to talk ! LOL !

Hi LeAnn. Welcome, to AD and please enjoy your stay!

Thank you, Mieke. Also, whatdidyousay.. I meant to thank you for making me feel welcome too!

Frisky, it's just amazing to be able to have a conversation with someone and actually understand what's being said!

Frisky, it's just amazing to be able to have a conversation with someone and actually understand what's being said!

I think that is SO great! Some people who have hearing loss and rather learn ASL in order to have a 100 percent of carrying a conversation without asking what?

Back