New to Here

Aacre

Reaction score
Hello!
I am hoping that I found the right community for me here. I have been looking for a somewhat lively forum to join with others who are in the same boat as I am- hearing impaired/deaf. Over the past year, I have become more lonely- but in a different sense than how it's mostly meant. I have worn hearing from a young age on, and for the most part, I have not felt different or separated from others until recently. It's probably from my hearing loss getting worse, but the feeling of loneliness is growing stronger, nonetheless. I am hoping to find friendship with others who share the same struggles as I do and that understand the difficulties faced in everyday life from not being able to hear as well as most people do. I have supportive friends and family, but none of them know what it's really like to be in my shoes. Some days, it's disheartening and other days- it's as lovely as can be.
A little more about myself- I don't know ASL, but plan to learn. I love animals, love to read, write, and hike when I have time. I work a demanding 40 hr a week job. I have been hearing impaired for 22 years and am very accepting of my situation.
I hope to make some new friends on here!:h5:

Back