New to hearing aids help!?!

_NurseAmy_

Reaction score
So after six years I finally got my hearing aids. I'm in the two weeks adjustment phase my dr refered to it as. I have this mushroom shaped thing it comes with. It seriously hurts but doesn't hurt if that makes sense. I get this weird like suction thing happens and that leaves my ear irrated. I'm sorry I don't know any technical terms. But have the mushroom silicone thing crammed in my ear is driving me crazy. What can I do?

So after six years I finally got my hearing aids. I'm in the two weeks adjustment phase my dr refered to it as. I have this mushroom shaped thing it comes with. It seriously hurts but doesn't hurt if that makes sense. I get this weird like suction thing happens and that leaves my ear irrated. I'm sorry I don't know any technical terms. But have the mushroom silicone thing crammed in my ear is driving me crazy. What can I do?

Do you mean like a stock mold?

Get a custom made mold.

Go to Westone. https://www.westone.com/hhc/index.php/earpieces-and-the-ear
Click the link for colors and also the earpiece shapes/styles. You have the generic, what is called an open fit mold. Custom mould is the way to go. Costco heading aid centers make to molds for $40 each if you don't have insurance to cover it. If you have sore spots with the custom mold, the audiologist can modify the mold till it's comfortable. Mostly get some style... here is pics of my new and also very old molds
6c37e13c4ce664bbd16bf2c889158d74.jpg

37b57ccd977efa7201a99b602cfcaa42.jpg

141.jpg

I have ear molds like this and they're not hard , they're custom made . I would not want to wear that mushroom shape ear mold they look very uncomfortable . Can you put a new ear molds on your hearing aids it does not look it when I see these HA on TV. There is a jell you get from your audi you can put a little on the ear mold and this made it easier to put the ear mold in your ear until you get use it. After wearing the ear mold for awhile it will get wax from your ear on it and will help lube it. This is not my HA ,I have purple ones and earmolds

Back