New T-Mobile MDA

TheXandieBoy

Reaction score
hey you guys!

i got this from my good friend.

you know that T-Mobile SDA SmartPhone are already come out.

BUT, T-Mobile MDA isnt come out yet but REALLY SOON!

MDA are much MORE than T-Mobile SideKick.

They got AIM, Yahoo, ... even MSN!

and got internet, and camera. but GOT VIDEO CAPTURE, ALSO!

and, yes, it got bluetooth!

you guys can sign up to gettin know whenever it's come out.

http://www.t-mobile.com/promos/online/preregmdasda/

:dance2:

theres another option also. theres a company that makes a windows smart phone with a qwerty keyboard it plays movies wit captions and everything... You can goto www.voq.com and check it out, I had it for a little while but i kept watching movies in school and got in to much trouble.

dbarovian said:
T-Mobile MDA is available today (February 21). I really like it but it is little cost at monthly plan. MDA's internet plan is more $20 than Sidekick.

http://t-mobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=611895&class=pda

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/default.asp?tab=internet

I ordered it and should get it this coming Friday. The monthly plan is 29.99 for unlimited internet & emailing and 300 text messages. The phone plan is not included so you can get it for 29.99 if you dont want the phone plan.

I cant wait to get my MDA! :)

Gemtun said:
I ordered it and should get it this coming Friday. The monthly plan is 29.99 for unlimited internet & emailing and 300 text messages. The phone plan is not included so you can get it for 29.99 if you dont want the phone plan.

So, how did you do that? I called, I talked to reps, I looked online, none would quote me a better price than $349 and a $49.99 /mo fee for only internet, NO SMS, just email and web and IM. Tell us how you did better. I don't believe you.

Dennis said:
So, how did you do that? I called, I talked to reps, I looked online, none would quote me a better price than $349 and a $49.99 /mo fee for only internet, NO SMS, just email and web and IM. Tell us how you did better. I don't believe you.

I went to the TMobile store and they told me it is 49.99 so I went back to my office to call the Customer Service to demand that I remain on my current monthly plan of 29.99 with my Sidekick II since I dont use the phone. The Customer Service rep, Susan, researched on it and told me that I will remain on the 29.99 monthly plan as I do not have phone plan. It was confirmed by another customer service rep.

For texting messages, she said that it would be 14.99 if I wanted to add texting feature - 29.99 already includes 300 text messages so I told her that I dont need that feature as I dont do over 300 text messages a month.

Two of my girlfriends got the same thing too as I did - both got it for 29.99 a month but one of them wanted extra text feature so will pay 14.99 on top of 29.99 for her plan.

Gemtun said:
I went to the TMobile store and they told me it is 49.99 so I went back to my office to call the Customer Service to demand that I remain on my current monthly plan of 29.99 with my Sidekick II since I dont use the phone. The Customer Service rep, Susan, researched on it and told me that I will remain on the 29.99 monthly plan as I do not have phone plan. It was confirmed by another customer service rep.

For texting messages, she said that it would be 14.99 if I wanted to add texting feature - 29.99 already includes 300 text messages so I told her that I dont need that feature as I dont do over 300 text messages a month.

Two of my girlfriends got the same thing too as I did - both got it for 29.99 a month but one of them wanted extra text feature so will pay 14.99 on top of 29.99 for her plan.

What about using the website url frequencly? Unlimited user include 29.99 a month?

Gemtun said:

I can't believe about $29.99. should add more charge for web browsing.

How much do T-MobileWeb services cost?

Service
Cost
Browsing
Description

t-zonesSM
Free
Not Available
Cannot browse outside of the home page
t-zones allows you to browse and buy ringtones, Wallpapers, games, and additional services. Access is free, but fees apply to most downloadable content.

T-MobileWeb
$5.99
My E-Mail (Personal access)
Unlimited WAP access
T-MobileWeb is an entertainment and information source. You can customize the information you want to receive. You can also read, edit, and send Internet e-mail directly from your device.

t-zones Pro
$9.99
My E-Mail Pro
(Corporate and Personal access)
Unlimited WAP access
t-zones Pro offers all the features of T-MobileWeb. It also features unlimited access to corporate e-mail.

Below is the conversation I had with Customer Service:

My IP Relay: we have another plan that might
My IP Relay: actually work it is 29.99 ok so
My IP Relay: she said it was 29.99 ok it looks
My IP Relay: like i do have that plan so it is
My IP Relay: 29.99 and it has 300 text messages
My IP Relay: included and then if u wanted to add
My IP Relay: any additional text messaging it
My IP Relay: would be 400 for 4.99 one thousand
My IP Relay: for 9.99 or unlimited like kathy
My IP Relay: said for 14.99 ga
XXXX: I dont need more than 300 text messages. I dont need phone either. I only need emailing and Internet unlimited and a few text messages a month ga
My IP Relay: ok so it sounds like that plan

My IP Relay: for 29.99 with the internet and
My IP Relay: email and the text messages would work
My IP Relay: for u ga
XXXX: Thank you

I only showed you the part where she said it is 29.99. As I mentioned earlier, my two gfs had same information from Customer Service.

Gemtun said:
Below is the conversation I had with Customer Service:

My IP Relay: we have another plan that might
My IP Relay: actually work it is 29.99 ok so
My IP Relay: she said it was 29.99 ok it looks
My IP Relay: like i do have that plan so it is
My IP Relay: 29.99 and it has 300 text messages
My IP Relay: included and then if u wanted to add
My IP Relay: any additional text messaging it
My IP Relay: would be 400 for 4.99 one thousand
My IP Relay: for 9.99 or unlimited like kathy
My IP Relay: said for 14.99 ga
XXXX: I dont need more than 300 text messages. I dont need phone either. I only need emailing and Internet unlimited and a few text messages a month ga
My IP Relay: ok so it sounds like that plan

My IP Relay: for 29.99 with the internet and
My IP Relay: email and the text messages would work
My IP Relay: for u ga

XXXX: Thank you

I only showed you the part where she said it is 29.99. As I mentioned earlier, my two gfs had same information from Customer Service.

I need using internet, emails, and text messages with my son. I am glad, it cost only $29.99 a month. Is the insurance coverage with that ?

Kalista said:
I need using internet, emails, and text messages with my son. I am glad, it cost only $29.99 a month. Is the insurance coverage with that ?

No..it will be additional 5.99 a month for insurance. If it is stolen or damaged by YOU, you will have to pay 110 for a replacement.

In addition, you all can always try MDA for 14 days. If you dont like it, you simply return it before 14 days is up and it is free. If you decide to keep it, they will simply charge your account with the fee of MDA.

So I will be trying it out for 14 days to see if it is worth all the hoopla.

Since I am doing 2 year extension of the contract, it will be 299.00 (50 dollar rebate after getting it for 349.00)

Gemtun said:

Did you get new MDA yet? Is MDA good? Better than Sidekick II?

The MDA and the Sprint PPC-6700 are virtually the same thing, only the Sprint phone has some advantages over the MDA:

1) Faster processor
2) Sprint's CDMA coverage
3) Sprint's Power Vision EV-DO plans and coverage
4) EV-DO is faster than EDGE

Back