New study shows 73% of doctors support public option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score

According to the Huffington Post, a new study conducted by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that 63% of doctors polled support a healthcare reform plan that includes both a public and private option. An additional 10% support a system that only includes a public option, leaving 27% who don’t support a public option at all.

The sample used for the survey includes doctors from all over the country and also shows that 58% of the respondents think the age for Medicare eligibility should be lowered to 55.

Also new are numbers from an ABC/WaPo poll that shows 55% of Americans want a public option. This number rises to 76% when respondents are asked if they would be okay with the public option being available to only those who are currently unable to receive health insurance.

A diarist at Daily Kos points out that this is actually really what the public option is - a way for people who cannot get health insurance to get it. As those who actually receive good health coverage with their private insurers are unlikely to switch to the public option, and will absolutely not be forced to, it is an interesting point.

These findings show that there seems to be a lot of disinformation about the healthcare bill. Factcheck.org, a nonpartisan site that fact checks politicians’ assertions, went through President Obama’s speech from last week in front of both Houses of Congress and found Obama was pretty truthful.

The part Rep. Joe Wilson shouted “you lie” about? Factcheck shows Obama was in fact not lying, but that he “was correct when he said his plan wouldn’t insure illegal immigrants; the House bill expressly forbids giving subsidies to those who are in the country illegally.” You would think a member of the House would know that.

Still, Obama is playing defense in this debate on healthcare reform. This weekend Obama will appear on five political talk shows and he’ll attend a rally on Thursday at the University of Maryland to make his case. Could this be the final push in the war for healthcare reform?

The sample used for the survey includes doctors from all over the country and also shows that 58% of the respondents think the age for Medicare eligibility should be lowered to 55.

[/url]

I am still uneasy about the public health care. However, I do agree that they should lowered to 55 instead of 65. That would make sense to me that age 55 start to take care of their health that something that has been popping in their health in late 50's. I think more people to pay medicare then it should help each other to keep medicare system running better. Who knows.

For health care, i dont know yet due to money issue, it depends on how they run the health system and money designs that scares me. I have seen some people do abuse their health care that has been bothering me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back