New Sidekick LX 2009 features Is attractive to deaf consumers

Deaf411

Reaction score
New Sidekick LX 2009 features
Is attractive to deaf consumers

SIGNED/CAPTIONED VIDEO: http://www.deaf411online.com/sk45.html

COLUMBIA, MD - (Deaf411) – November 17, 2009 – T-Mobile has added new features to its latest Sidekick, the Sidekick LX 2009 which is attracting attention from consumers who are deaf or hard of hearing. The new features build on Sidekick’s reputation of meeting and exceeding the needs of deaf consumers in providing a deaf-friendly product.

Among the notable deaf-friendly features mentioned in a Deaf411 video announcement is a larger 3.2 inch display screen and a trackball navigator that lights up to alert you of not only just email and instant messaging (IM) messages, but also alerts from any one of the three social network sites: Twitter, MySpace and Facebook.

This new Sidekick model continues its reputable messaging capabilities with multiple email and instant messaging (IM) service options, and a spacious keyboard. An upgraded 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus and flash, YouTube Mobile access, Flash video support and the 3G network capability are now incorporated in this new model.

Sidekick LX 2009 can be used with T-Mobile’s “Unlimited data and messaging plan” offered to qualified deaf and hard of hearing consumers. This plan covers unlimited personal email, web browsing, text and instant messaging at an economical $29.95 monthly rate.

The video, presented in American Sign Language with open captions, was produced for Fuse Communications, a T-Mobile authorized dealer. For information on Sidekick LX 2009, a rebate offer, and T-Mobile’s “unlimited data and messaging plan”, the video can be seen at http://www.deaf411online.com/sk45.html

##
#

When will we see a touchscreen Sidekick? That is what I 'd like to see. Not a new Sidekick every 6 months that is barely a upgrade over the latest Sidekick. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm calling it as I see it, and I want to see SK's have touchscreens.

29.95 a month for 3g ? thats cheaper compared to verzion or att 3g rates does it have unlimited texting same as sk data plan?

Yes the $29.99 Sidekick plan for new 3G Sidekick does include unlimited text messages.

When will we see a touchscreen Sidekick? That is what I 'd like to see. Not a new Sidekick every 6 months that is barely a upgrade over the latest Sidekick. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm calling it as I see it, and I want to see SK's have touchscreens.
I'm sure that will come along soon. :)

Yes the $29.99 Sidekick plan for new 3G Sidekick does include unlimited text messages.
I have checked on the site, it does not seem like unlimited text messaging is included, just unlimited data (E-mail, Web, AOL, Yahoo! Messenger, Facebook, Myspace and Twitter.)

29.95 a month for 3g ? thats cheaper compared to verzion or att 3g rates does it have unlimited texting same as sk data plan?

25iuakj.jpg

You do not have 3G coverage in your area yet.

You get 3G Sidekick and you still use 2.5G or 2G.

I am sure VZ and Sprint do have 3G in your coverage.

The Highlander, that coverage map is outdated. If you will go over to T-Mobile.com and you will notice that 3g network is available almost everywhere in the United States.

The Highlander, that coverage map is outdated. If you will go over to T-Mobile.com and you will notice that 3g network is available almost everywhere in the United States.

Voice coverage is not 3G that what you think 3G almost everywhere in the United States.

20gnm85.png

Nice try.
This is REAL 3G coverage.
yl8y8.png

Get a fact for next time.

What? I did not say T-Mobile 3g is available everywhere. Smaller places in Kansas, Tennessee, etc have it. All you have to do is zoom in on the map.

What? I did not say T-Mobile 3g is available everywhere. Smaller places in Kansas, Tennessee, etc have it. All you have to do is zoom in on the map.

What?

"3G network is available almost everywhere in the United States"

Yes, you did said that.

Guess what? My area does not have 3G for t-mobile but VZ, Sprint, and ATT at zoom in on the map.

Get a fact again please.

What?

"3G network is available almost everywhere in the United States"

Yes, you did said that.

Guess what? My area does not have 3G for t-mobile but VZ, Sprint, and ATT at zoom in on the map.

Get a fact again please.
Oopsie, my apologies. Maybe I should have used the word, "scattered" to avoid confusion.

I live in a semi-rural area where 3g is not available, but they are getting here perhaps by early next year.

Did anyone else get this email about New Sidekick LX 2009 features

New Sidekick LX 2009 features
Is attractive to deaf consumers

T-Mobile has added new features to its latest Sidekick, the Sidekick LX 2009
which is attracting attention from consumers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The new features build on Sidekick’s reputation of meeting and exceeding the
needs of deaf consumers in providing a deaf-friendly product.

Among the notable deaf-friendly features mentioned in a Deaf411 video
announcement is a larger 3.2 inch display screen and a trackball navigator that
lights up to alert you of not only just email and instant messaging (IM)
messages, but also alerts from any one of the three social network sites:
Twitter, MySpace and Facebook.

This new Sidekick model continues its reputable messaging capabilities with
multiple email and instant messaging (IM) service options, and a spacious
keyboard. An upgraded 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus and flash, YouTube
Mobile access, Flash video support and the 3G network capability are now
incorporated in this new model.

Back