New Med-El CI

Good luck with getting them as the insurance companies are going to refuse to cover them. I just LOVE how certain people seem to think there is money to unwrap. There is no money to unwrap. Most of us are struggling with the cost of regular healthcare not to add in hearing related healthcare.

Good luck with getting them as the insurance companies are going to refuse to cover them.
Thankfully they are starting to provide coverage more and more in recent years. At least in my case, I had no issues last year getting my insurance to cover my CI for SSD and it wasn't even this FDA approved Med-El brand.

Thankfully they are starting to provide coverage more and more in recent years. At least in my case, I had no issues last year getting my insurance to cover my CI for SSD and it wasn't even this FDA approved Med-El brand.
In some cases when they have very generous coverage yes they will cover it, but they won't cover it in general b/c insurance companies tend not to be that generous

In some cases when they have very generous coverage yes they will cover it, but they won't cover it in general b/c insurance companies tend not to be that generous
I agree. And that's where getting the FDA approval like this will help continue to improve coverage and make it easier to get.

And for anybody else out there reading this who may be interested in getting one, there is a facebook group dedicated to SSD CI users that is full of people who have gotten one.

I agree. And that's where getting the FDA approval like this will help continue to improve coverage and make it easier to get.

And for anybody else out there reading this who may be interested in getting one, there is a facebook group dedicated to SSD CI users that is full of people who have gotten one.
Um no b/c insurance companies tend NOT to be very generous. I don't mean to sound rude, but you don't seem to understand how insurance companies work. Heck, it can be hard enough to get approval for one if you have a bilateral loss. Insurance companies HATE CIs.

Um no b/c insurance companies tend NOT to be very generous. I don't mean to sound rude, but you don't seem to understand how insurance companies work. Heck, it can be hard enough to get approval for one if you have a bilateral loss. Insurance companies HATE CIs.
Hmm, no. More & more insurance companies are approving bilateral CIs because it has been proved to be beneficial to one’s hearing health. FDA approval does mean that insurance companies are likely to start covering SSD CIs.

Back