New kitten

overthepond

Reaction score
He'll never replace my beloved Hugo who died tragically 2 weeks ago. Please welcome jasper into my furry and feathered family. I am not sure how old he is but pretty sure he's lovely and healthy kitten! A friend gave him to me when her son had allergic reaction :( poor thing he was so upset! Jasper is settling very well. He had brought back the happiness and joy in the house.

image.jpg

good on ya...this bravery to get another one sooner, makes me smile!, i know it was unnerving i was there too, and i know Hugo wont be replaced...but the new freind, Jasper will surely be your freind.

Congrats.. tabby kitty rocks! does he have green eyes?? he reminds me of my deceased kitty. Jasper looks beautiful. you can make up a date for his new birthday so you can celebrate his birthday every year. hope jasper and your dog will hit it off pretty good soon!

Frisky, he may have green eyes but there's amber tinge like Hugo had.... His baby colours are darker than Hugo's. be interesting what colour it turns out.

Frisky, he may have green eyes but there's amber tinge like Hugo had.... His baby colours are darker than Hugo's. be interesting what colour it turns out.

Neat.. im sure in a couple of days later you will notice more of jasper.. any thoughts about his new birth of date? :D

Frisky, I will be taking him to the vet at some point for first jabs etc, and it would make me to go and collect hugo's ashes :(.
I will ask roughly how old he is, he looks/feels 9-10 weeks so it takes back to early may....

Boris the dog was bit pissed off at first but is playing with him now, I think he realised that his best friend isn't coming back. Poor thing he had been through the mill over the last few months (so did I, The chicken died, then my beloved grandfather and Hugo in the space of 6 weeks)

We have 6 weeks of holiday to look forward to :) all fun and laughter :)

Happy to hear you have a new furkid in the family again. So sorry to hear about the loss of Hugo.

It's a very cute kitten. And I am glad you were able to rescue the kitten from your friend.
Death of pets is very hard, and I hope the new kitten helps you and Boris feel a little better.

Hi dog mom, I am ok thanks, keeping busy. Just bought 3 different breed chickens, looking forward to see how they turns out. They have joined my "twins". Hope you are well.

Frisky, vet thought he was about 9 weeks so therefore he was born on 11.5.13 as he says! I asked him if he's in good health considering he left his mum at 6 weeks :( someone had him for a week before me. So he had his first jab today and is very sleepy! Bless him.

It's very hot here in this country (uk) which is unusual! It was too hot to do anything! On my garden thermometer it's 37!!!!!!!! Don't mind the heat but only if there's a pool handy!!! Or clean seaside... I live near one but its disgusting! :( boris has his own little pool which he spent all day sitting in it (water filled!)

Anyway, best to get dinner on.

Neat.. im sure in a couple of days later you will notice more of jasper.. any thoughts about his new birth of date? :D

Frisky, he got amber eyes :) I love amber as its different to most common cats with green or yellow eyes! He's so darn beautiful, will try and get picture of him but he's so fast!!! He's either running around fast or fast asleep in my arms still purring loud!

I don't think he'll be a big cat. Hugo was huge at 7 months old! Jasper is more stockier than Hugo was though.

He and Boris finally are getting on fine! Phew, it had been long 3 weeks, jasper was desperate to play, and Boris was having none of it, he growled and snapped at him. He missed Hugo so much, poor thing. The other day I was sitting on the floor trying to get them to play together, bingo! Then gradually moved away. They still love to play "with me as a barrier in between them!" Sigh... Least they are playing.

On sad note I lost my favourite chicken "ginger" in the heat wave :(. Now, I have the original one (of 3) and 3 new ones. We are expecting another heat wave next week and I am on vacation!!! :( hope my pet sitter will look after them in the heat wave as I have put up a gazebo to shade most of the garden. I would put iced water etc but she only comes 2 day. Will talk to her about coming in 3 times instead.

I LOVE that loud kitten purr!!! omg... He is a very cute kitty! <3 kitties... need more... kitties... I've accepted and embraced I will be the crazy cat lady... =P

Very cute tabby kitten and sorry for your loss about Hugo.

:wave:
actually have a cold - but am glad you're doing good with your new furry baby and good news about your two getting together better. It's fun watching kittens play because they can be so acrobatic!

I'm sorry about your ginger hen:(

:wave:
actually have a cold - but am glad you're doing good with your new furry baby and good news about your two getting together better. It's fun watching kittens play because they can be so acrobatic!

I'm sorry about your ginger hen:(

Thanks dogmom, it's not my year at all I had 4 deaths that are very close to me in 2 months, clover (chicken), my beloved grandfather, Hugo and now ginger. :(, life goes on I suspect. Nothing we can do about it other than move on. Nutmeg doesn't like the new chickens... Sigh, she took refuge in my tomato planter!!! Lol.... I had to take her out at nights and put her in the coop with the others hoping she would accept them, every morning she screams the place down and shoots out when i let them out!!! Stupid girl! She and ginger were the "twins" they are blood sisters, clover wasn't but I did get them all at same time over 2 years ago.

image.jpg this is Nutmeg, short of 2 planks but I love her!

image.jpg

My favourite chicken "Ginger" she loved sitting on my shoulder while I was gardening :( I miss her.

image.jpg

Autumn, one of new ones she's a gold laced Orpington, she will be bigger than ordinary chicken.

Back