New Here

PinballWiz

Reaction score
Hi all. My name's Tom. I'm late deafened over a number of years. I have some hearing left using hearing aids, but I'm struggling. Looking forward to interacting with folks in similar situations to share experiences and advice on hearing technology and options, etc.

I'll likely lurk for awhile to get a feel for the forum, but just wanted to say hi, in case I jump into a thread somewhere.

Cheers.

Thanks all. And @Safarigirl2011 I see in your sig you highlighted Black Oticons. That stood out as I'm looking at changing aids soon. I've always gone with silver or gold-ish figuring that they'd be less noticeable, but this time I think I want to just go full on aggressive...black, or maybe red. Just to put it out there. People see them anyway. Why not go full bad ass?

Thanks all. And @Safarigirl2011 I see in your sig you highlighted Black Oticons. That stood out as I'm looking at changing aids soon. I've always gone with silver or gold-ish figuring that they'd be less noticeable, but this time I think I want to just go full on aggressive...black, or maybe red. Just to put it out there. People see them anyway. Why not go full bad ass?

that's what I have at the moment (it's a good color too with an earmold that's sparkly!)

Welcome, I can understand how you feel, having hearing before and then losing it. I am a grandma and cannot hear at all without my hearing Aids. I can't hear my own voice, let alone my grandkids. My husband is trying to be helpful, but it doesn't always look that way by the expressions he shows. . Any way, just want you to know that I can understand what you are going through.
My Oticon's have a small remote that I wear around my neck, and I cannot be thankful enough for how much it has helped me. It helps me to adjust sound at a seconds notice when I need it most. Since I also suffer from tinnitus and hyperacusis, I am adjusting all the time.

Back