New here, recent hearing loss

kaylaa16

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Kayla, I'm a junior in college, and I've recently lost some hearing in my right ear. I've been dealing with ear infections for the last year or so and after getting more treatment I woke up one day to realize I've lost some hearing in my right ear. The infections are gone now but the doctor refuses to acknowledge the loss of hearing or ringing in my ears that I'm experiencing now. I've been very upset and feel very isolated because it seems like no one around me is taking me serious. So I'm joining AD in hopes to meet some people that can relate to what I'm dealing with and make some friends.

Hi, my name is Kayla, I'm a junior in college, and I've recently lost some hearing in my right ear. I've been dealing with ear infections for the last year or so and after getting more treatment I woke up one day to realize I've lost some hearing in my right ear. The infections are gone now but the doctor refuses to acknowledge the loss of hearing or ringing in my ears that I'm experiencing now. I've been very upset and feel very isolated because it seems like no one around me is taking me serious. So I'm joining AD in hopes to meet some people that can relate to what I'm dealing with and make some friends.

Good afternoon.

It sounds like you suffered an attack of sudden hearing loss. It might have been a single episode, but then again, it could have been caused by an ongoing condition like Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease or Meniere's. If your current doctor denies that you have a problem, go find an ENT or Otologist. An Otologist would probably be the best way to go.

In 2015, I had a sudden hearing loss episode that resulted in a 50 DB loss in every audiogram frequency above 3000. In my case it was the result of AIED.

Good afternoon.

It sounds like you suffered an attack of sudden hearing loss. It might have been a single episode, but then again, it could have been caused by an ongoing condition like Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease or Meniere's. If your current doctor denies that you have a problem, go find an ENT or Otologist. An Otologist would probably be the best way to go.

In 2015, I had a sudden hearing loss episode that resulted in a 50 DB loss in every audiogram frequency above 3000. In my case it was the result of AIED.

The doctor I was seeing for the infection was an ENT, though clearly not a very good one. I am trying to make an appointment with a different ENT, but they are giving me a hard time so I may end up having to schedule an appointment with an audiologist at a different clinic since there's only one ENT clinic where I live. But right now my insurance is fighting me so it'll probably be a while :( I just want someone who can give me some answers.

The doctor I was seeing for the infection was an ENT, though clearly not a very good one. I am trying to make an appointment with a different ENT, but they are giving me a hard time so I may end up having to schedule an appointment with an audiologist at a different clinic since there's only one ENT clinic where I live. But right now my insurance is fighting me so it'll probably be a while :( I just want someone who can give me some answers.

Do you have a Sam's or Costco membership? Last I heard, you could get a free hearing test at either one of them, although that might not be the case now.

Do you have a Sam's or Costco membership? Last I heard, you could get a free hearing test at either one of them, although that might not be the case now.

We actually don't have Costco where I live unfortunately! And I don't have a Sam's membership. Though I know someone who does, so I'll have to look into that.

Back