New here, from Tampa Florida

Resifant

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this website and new to the Deaf community in general. I am a senior at the University of South Florida seeking a bachelors degree in Psychology. I decided to take American Sign Language as my foreign language requirement, and it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I immediately fell in love with the Deaf community and language! I found myself thinking about sign language 24/7 and have been hooked ever since.

Outside of the classroom, I don't have any friends that I can use sign language with and would love to get to know some deaf or hard of hearing people in my area. Maybe even find love in this community.

I am a 24 year-old gay male. I am almost finished with college and am ready to start the next chapter of my life with someone. I'm looking for men or women around my age who are willing to take me into their group of friends and love and teach me about your life and community :)

If I do get to meet any of you, please be patient with me. I'm not too fluent with the language and I might have to finger spell often, but I'm not afraid to make mistakes and am willing to learn more about your language and culture :)

It doesn't show up for me for some reason =/.
The only options I have are "view public profile", "Find more posts by "" ", and "Add "" to your contacts" .... Can you please PM me?

Hello Resifant, welcome to AD.

You need to make it to 10 posts in order to open up your PM box. Some of those posts may be automated to the moderation bin (it's an auto process to check for spammers) so keep on posting till you get to 10. :)

Hi, Resifant.

It seems that you're a little ahead as far as school goes, but I'm in the same position with ASL. I don't have any friends that sign, and now that my ASL class is over, it seems like I have no one to sign with!

I'm definitely in love with the deaf culture and community, but there aren't very many events within half an hour of me, so most of them are about an hour away.

I don't have a whole lot to offer as far as learning from the deaf culture, but maybe we could sign together some time. =]

Hello,

I am new to this website and new to the Deaf community in general. I am a senior at the University of South Florida seeking a bachelors degree in Psychology. I decided to take American Sign Language as my foreign language requirement, and it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I immediately fell in love with the Deaf community and language! I found myself thinking about sign language 24/7 and have been hooked ever since.

Outside of the classroom, I don't have any friends that I can use sign language with and would love to get to know some deaf or hard of hearing people in my area. Maybe even find love in this community.

I am a 24 year-old gay male. I am almost finished with college and am ready to start the next chapter of my life with someone. I'm looking for men or women around my age who are willing to take me into their group of friends and love and teach me about your life and community :)

If I do get to meet any of you, please be patient with me. I'm not too fluent with the language and I might have to finger spell often, but I'm not afraid to make mistakes and am willing to learn more about your language and culture :)
Hi my name is tunni. Where do you live? I live in Wesley chapel FL. Sorry I don't drive. I am severely hearing impaired and blind in one eye. I know sign language but not so expert as deaf people. I can be your friend. I have gay male friend name Steve who lives in Washington. I am 51 yrs old but looks very young. My mom passed away last year. tunniray@yahoo.com

Hi guys
I interested and read your post who have tip share this.
I think who have to respect and understand culture deaf people.
How communication with some people no matter what you feel inspire and happy with new a friend that one far for meet anywhere.
God bless u.

Hello! I am, too, new here. I am HOH and wears 2 hearing aids.

Aren't there any Deaf/HOH club anywhere?

Back