New hearing aids (Unitron Max 20SP) Woo-Hoo

Delville

Reaction score
So it was about time for me to get new hearing aids and I've been shopping around for all most 1 year trying to figure out what would be the best benefit for me long term. It was a toss up between Unitron Max 20 SP or the phonack Nadia q90 SP. Although there similar in a lot of ways I just could not pass up the pricing of the Unitron Max 20 SP's, I'm getting both hearing aids, Udirect2, Umic, Utv, 1 year supply of zinc air hearing aid batteries, resound flex tubes for both dome style and full shell ear mold style, and last thing is new silicone full shell ear molds. I've always used the full shell ear molds but I've never tried the domes so this will be the first. So I made my decision on the Max 20's based on all I was getting for $3600.00 through preside hearing. What does everyone think.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

I don't know much about Unitron pricing, but I paid a bit less than that for a single Phonak Q90 UP a year ago so it sounds like you've got a good deal if you like the actual hearing aids. Are you happy with them? That's the real question. If you don't like them it doesn't really how much of a deal you're getting.

I haven't received them as of yet I will be getting them this Friday, I have tried both the phonak q90sp and unitron max 20sp on trials and I really think the unitron was a better candidate personally not to mention that I have unitron hearing aids now.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

I've just looked up the Unitron HA and in terms of power it's equal to the Naida Q UP not the Naida Q SP which is why the Unitron properly sounds better.

God Luck with the Unitron but to trial them fairly, you should try the Naida Q UP rather then the Naida Q SP.

I will def look at Nadia Q UP. I really thought that UP hearing aids would be to much for my hearing loss right now, but I'd imagine they can be powered down just like they can be powered up. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Looking at the fitting ranges, the Naida UP has a bigger fitting range and can fit lesser losses unlike the Unitron. This is because of the feature Sound Recover which the Unitron doesn't have.

We'll I was just informed that my finances fell through so it looks like I won't be getting them this Friday, but I'm not giving up. Can anyone help here as to help like a financial aid source or something like that.

Any idea how it works, like am I obligated to purchase there hearing aids?

Did you read it? You fill out the application and if they accept you, there is a small fee like $125 per aid. It's a charity for low income, and what you pay is a very small fraction of the cost.

i didn't like the compressed sound of the Unitron.....clever HA though.....but its not my style.....

Back