New Hearing Aid Mold

Sophia26

Reaction score
For those of you who live in the Valley area of L.A, can you recommend a HA provider that has afforable prices for a HA mold? I went to the one across the street from CSUN and they're charging $79 dollars for a new ear mold.

I don't know if it is the inflation or if it always been like that here but in D.C.; a new mold cost $30 bucks.

I really need one but I don't want to wait until I go back home for the hoildays to get one.

*thud* 79 buckaroos for a NEW mold in LA qq u gotta be shitting me! get the new mold there in DC while u are there would be good if the mold charges in CA is wayyyyyy beyond "reasonable" its ridiculous!!! sounds like a total ripoff to me

DO it in DC take fly's word for it. cuz here in hawaii, it cost me 75 bucks but that time my medi card didn t arrive til following day SO was stuck! needed it as i had to go voice interp for someone in town...

In Texas and New York, it's $30 for me. I find it stupid to be charged $80 for an ear mold! :fu2:

Last time I got an earmold it cost $50....I did however get a cool purple one, instead of a boring old earwaxy one.
Oh...Sophia, are you going back home for Thanksgiving? Maybe you could pick up an earmold then...Thnaksgiving's only a couple of weeks away!

deafdyke said:
Last time I got an earmold it cost $50....I did however get a cool purple one, instead of a boring old earwaxy one.
Oh...Sophia, are you going back home for Thanksgiving? Maybe you could pick up an earmold then...Thnaksgiving's only a couple of weeks away!

She may order Gold color in her earmold. Get us plenty of attention with sparkling color GOLD ! ;)

deafdyke said:

You remind me of my old earmold... past in 2000 I wore a green glow ear mold... it glow at night but what worse was people was freaked out at my ears at 6th Flag in California inside a dark building before going on a ride...

pimpdaddyposse said:
You remind me of my old earmold... past in 2000 I wore a green glow ear mold... it glow at night but what worse was people was freaked out at my ears at 6th Flag in California inside a dark building before going on a ride...

:rofl: hahahah PDP -- at least ppl WOULDVE had no plm finding u in the dark LOL

pimpdaddyposse said:

MY GOD!! Let them be freak out!! Maybe they think you are a strange alien from space!! :jaw:

On the other hand, the glow in the dark molds would be helpful for when the hearing aids fall down under the bed or under other furniture! :)
You can even get color changing earmolds!

deafdyke said:

Going for home for Christmas. I have four weeks left in the quarter, afterward four weeks off before the winter quarter starts.

Sophia26 said:
Going for home for Christmas. I have four weeks left in the quarter, afterward four weeks off before the winter quarter starts.

There's a very nasty catch in quite a lot of English audiologists - they insist that you need to be given a hearing test just if you go in for new moulds. And all that costs extra money. I've been caught twice like that and it's expensive, time-consuming and veeeeeery annoying! I mean how many hearing tests does a girl need??? More to the point, I can't see what getting new moulds has to do with it. Anyone else had this experience or similar? fuzzyrach

fuzzyrachel said:
There's a very nasty catch in quite a lot of English audiologists - they insist that you need to be given a hearing test just if you go in for new moulds. And all that costs extra money. I've been caught twice like that and it's expensive, time-consuming and veeeeeery annoying! I mean how many hearing tests does a girl need??? More to the point, I can't see what getting new moulds has to do with it. Anyone else had this experience or similar? fuzzyrach

I've never had that experiences. I don't see the point of getting a hearing test in order to get a new mold.

[/FONT] Well, the last time I wore the hearing aid was about 6 years ago due to ear infection in my left ear. I only wear hearing aid for my left ear. I lost it after my ear infection went away.So right now 6 years later, I m reconsidering of getting new hearing aid. I made an appointment with my audiologist from my childhood and went there recently. I m still recovering with my shock cause they have changed their policy. They are under priviate business and they dont cover anything for my hearing aid. Now I am trying to find the right audiololgist for myself :roll:

Back