New headlight law in effect for Mass drivers

No, it isn't. There are still plenty of people not wearing seat belts. It seems like almost weekly I see on the news people died in a car wreck because they were not wearing seat belts.
Are you sure?

A few years ago, on the street at my old workplace, a female driver got killed by a seat belt she was wearing when one high speed car hit her car's back. One of the cops told my co-workers about that. When you are hit by the rear, the seat belt you are wearing can choke your throat and kills you. I felt very badly for her, even though I didn't know her when I saw her laying on the ground covering with a blanket. The guilty driver escaped from his car and got caught eventually. My point is that wearing a seat belt doesn't mean you are 100% safe. Back to the weekly news you saw, all of the dead people didn't wear seat belts?

Are you sure?
Yes, I'm sure. The news stories always mention whether or not the victims were wearing seat belts. They also mention if someone is thrown from the vehicle, and if the motorcyclist victims were wearing helmets.

. . . My point is that wearing a seat belt doesn't mean you are 100% safe. Back to the weekly news you saw, all of the dead people didn't wear seat belts?
I didn't say all of the dead people didn't wear seat belts. Read my reply again.

My comment was directly addressing your comment:
"Until they got ticketed for the violation, everybody starts to wear a seat belt. Is that correct?"

Obviously, not "everybody" is wearing a seatbelt if there are still casualties from people NOT wearing seat belts.

No, it isn't. There are still plenty of people not wearing seat belts. It seems like almost weekly I see on the news people died in a car wreck because they were not wearing seat belts.

..... like me :Oops:

I got ticketed by NYPD last month... I think it's about $200

Are you sure?

A few years ago, on the street at my old workplace, a female driver got killed by a seat belt she was wearing when one high speed car hit her car's back. One of the cops told my co-workers about that. When you are hit by the rear, the seat belt you are wearing can choke your throat and kills you. I felt very badly for her, even though I didn't know her when I saw her laying on the ground covering with a blanket. The guilty driver escaped from his car and got caught eventually. My point is that wearing a seat belt doesn't mean you are 100% safe. Back to the weekly news you saw, all of the dead people didn't wear seat belts?

no one is safe from anything high-speed.

Keyword: Everybody.

Is that a fact that everybody wears seat belt every time? I don't believe your claims.

why do you and crazypaul seem to always obsessed over "every"?

everybody? everything? everytime? every every every. :roll:

Me? Nope, talk with CP, not me. He is the one that started using "Everybody" I had to reassure that it is NOT true that is all. He can't take it and expect everybody to turn themselves angels. You just proved your point as you haven't wear seat belt like CP assumed you were.

why do you and crazypaul seem to always obsessed over "every"?

everybody? everything? everytime? every every every. :roll:

The seat belt is to protect you from getting ejected in a collision. It also reduces the great bodily injury by hitting the steering wheel, windshields, window. There is cases people got killed wearing seatbelt when other driver t-bones other in high speed. The seat belt is there for a reason... to save lives and prevent great bodily injury in an accident.

Me? Nope, talk with CP, not me. He is the one that started using "Everybody" I had to reassure that it is NOT true that is all. He can't take it and expect everybody to turn themselves angels. You just proved your point as you haven't wear seat belt like CP assumed you were.

there you go.

Every time, eh? Very funny!

Keyword: Everybody.

Is that a fact that everybody wears seat belt every time? I don't believe your claims.

I had been taxi cabs that had no seats , I asked where it was and the driver said you don't need to wear on in a cab. :roll: I was very nervous not having a seatbelt on , I always wear mine and even before it was a law.

Thanks for pointing out.

So bottom line, it is NOT 100% enforceable law. You could make headlight requirement law, but don't expect everybody to follow, and sorry not every violators will automatically get tickets. Cops have too many shyt on their plates, so they usually set priorities on their job.

At least it helps encourage using sensible driving, and often its for insurance companies decide who is at fault for accident occurred when filing claims, if one drivers forgot to turn on light and it was raining during accident, the chances are insurance will put blame on that driver that don't turn headlight on EVEN if it was other driver actually at fault (Of course not always but gives them probable reason to do so if they want to).

I had been taxi cabs that had no seats , I asked where it was and the driver said you don't need to wear on in a cab. :roll: I was very nervous not having a seatbelt on , I always wear mine and even before it was a law.

Thanks for pointing out.

So bottom line, it is NOT 100% enforceable law. You could make headlight requirement law, but don't expect everybody to follow, and sorry not every violators will automatically get tickets. Cops have too many shyt on their plates, so they usually set priorities on their job.

At least it helps encourage using sensible driving, and often its for insurance companies decide who is at fault for accident occurred when filing claims, if one drivers forgot to turn on light and it was raining during accident, the chances are insurance will put blame on that driver that don't turn headlight on EVEN if it was other driver actually at fault (Of course not always but gives them probable reason to do so if they want to).

I forgot to turn off my headlights when I went to a store . I will have to remember to turn them off when I get home. While on the subject of seatbelts most school buses do not have them. So everyone does not have to wear them , you would think the law was difference on this .

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40820669/...ds-school-bus-has-no-seat-belts/#.VSSSsek5CM8

I know this was intended to say "no seatbelts" but it made me grin with the thought of "what did you sit on?".

The seat belt is to protect you from getting ejected in a collision. It also reduces the great bodily injury by hitting the steering wheel, windshields, window. There is cases people got killed wearing seatbelt when other driver t-bones other in high speed. The seat belt is there for a reason... to save lives and prevent great bodily injury in an accident.

I got T bones on the passenger side and I was wearing my seatbelt. I was knocked out cold and I was told by a witness that my car went out of control hit a guide rail and bonces back into traffic and almost hit the witness's car.
She thought I was dead when she got to my car, my eyes were rolled backed and I was not moving. My car was totaled , if I was not wearing my seatbelt I could had be dead or hurt a lot worst. This was in 1995 and I still head pain from the accident and can longer wear a HA in my right ear. I was on the job as a health aide at the time going an errant for client.

Thanks for pointing out.

thank you for illustrious valuable lesson, Captain Obvious.

I got T bones on the passenger side and I was wearing my seatbelt. I was knocked out cold and I was told by a witness that my car went out of control hit a guide rail and bonces back into traffic and almost hit the witness's car.
She thought I was dead when she got to my car, my eyes were rolled backed and I was not moving. My car was totaled , if I was not wearing my seatbelt I could had be dead or hurt a lot worst. This was in 1995 and I still head pain from the accident and can longer wear a HA in my right ear. I was on the job as a health aide at the time going an errant for client.
Oh man, glad to hear that you are alright. Many people including children even with seat belts worn were unfortunate.

I wish we had that kind of protection.
https://youtu.be/RnyhkBU1yaw

I wish that my monster Dodge truck have automatic light on! :? Because I am afraid to turn wipe on and forget turn light on! :shock:

People drive with burnt out taillights all of the time or expired tags,

Cops usually will just go with the flow , people do and have gotten fined for not having headlight on its not a myth.

Just saying if you just happen to catch the cops attention for some reason he will start looking for reasons to pull you over. Its easier to have headlight on than give them probable cause of pulling you over.

Oh man, glad to hear that you are alright. Many people including children even with seat belts worn were unfortunate.

I wish we had that kind of protection.
https://youtu.be/RnyhkBU1yaw

I have head pain from the accident still , and can no longer wear HA in my right ear. I told an audi this and she said she heard of people getting hit on their forehead badly and not being able to wear their HA anymore. I felt better knowing this b/c most people didn't believe that could happen,

Back