New headlight law in effect for Mass drivers

You still missed my point again. Say, if there is only one cop, and he saw say 15 cars that didn't turn on headlight, what can cop do, eh? Often, cops rather stop somebody more serious than forgetting turning on headlights, say somebody going 90mph... which is going to be more important to cop?

When I was in Chicago, damn, everybody going 80MPH at that time when it was still 55MPH limit... So back to point, cop themselves do not have enough power to enforce em all every time.

sure he can. just pull over one car and rest of the cars will slow down :lol:

So, your saying cop isn't stopping them, eh? Maybe they are too busy eating donuts.

I wonder if some of the cops even know if is a new law. My city passed a law saying a person could get fined $300 for feeding the birds at the frog pond and some cops did not even know about this. :roll:

Yeah, and there was a cop that arrested homeless man for recharging his cell phone on public outlet. The actual cost of electricity stolen is miniscules, not going to cost city even a quarter of a penny, unfortunately city has to pay hundreds of dollars for this stunt, RME!

I wonder if some of the cops even know if is a new law. My city passed a law saying a person could get fined $300 for feeding the birds at the frog pond and some cops did not even know about this. :roll:

What does that have to do with the headlight law? Doesn't matter if cops aren't fully trained in it, if it's a law, it's a law. Period.

Don't forget cop is human being, they are NOT robotic, they don't know every law in the book. Its known fact!

What does that have to do with the headlight law? Doesn't matter if cops aren't fully trained in it, if it's a law, it's a law. Period.

Don't forget cop is human being, they are NOT robotic, they don't know every law in the book. Its known fact!

That goes with what I wrote. You don't need to misunderstand me. My point was to WDYS about the headlight law, and that its a law, and that we're not talking about other laws. We're not talking about birds and frog ponds in this thread. It wasn't about the about cops themselves.

That goes with what I wrote. You don't need to misunderstand me. My point was to WDYS about the headlight law, and that its a law, and that we're not talking about other laws. We're not talking about birds and frog ponds in this thread. It wasn't about the about cops themselves.

And I suspect we're wasting our breathes because both of us are probably on her ignore list. :roll:

This is about enforcing the law, and yes this includes THIS law your referring to, just like many other laws that aren't really enforceable.

In California, when it rains.. you turn on your headlight even in day time. It's for your safety and the safety of other drivers/pedestrians.

Same here in MD..

You still missed my point again. Say, if there is only one cop, and he saw say 15 cars that didn't turn on headlight, what can cop do, eh? Often, cops rather stop somebody more serious than forgetting turning on headlights, say somebody going 90mph... which is going to be more important to cop?

When I was in Chicago, damn, everybody going 80MPH at that time when it was still 55MPH limit... So back to point, cop themselves do not have enough power to enforce em all every time.
No, I didn't miss your point. Didn't you know that when there was a new seat belt law, most drivers didn't wear seat belts? Until they got ticketed for the violation, everybody starts to wear a seat belt. Is that correct?

Back to MY point, once a driver get ticketed for no headlight violation, everybody would be like "uh-oh, I don't want to get ticketed so from now on, I will turn the headlights on during rainy days when my wipers are on". So far, nothing. Why? Cops busy eating donuts? :lol:

This is about enforcing the law, and yes this includes THIS law your referring to, just like many other laws that aren't really enforceable.

The headlight law, yes, which is the very topic of this thread. You want to join WDYS and talk about enforcing birds and frog pond laws, start your own thread on it. Be my guest.

it's not about it being enforceable. it's about enabling an officer more to charge people with.... and to have a probable cause.

if a cop thinks you have a drug in your car... he can't just pull you over just because he thinks you've got a drug. but if he sees you not using headlight in rain... he'll have a probable cause to pull you over and search your car for drug. and good luck spending money on lawyer to wiggle your way out of it.

and I love it when you're being adamant about your example just because you experience it yourself once or so.

No, I didn't miss your point. Didn't you know that when there was a new seat belt law, most drivers didn't wear seat belts? Until they got ticketed for the violation, everybody starts to wear a seat belt. Is that correct?….
No, it isn't. There are still plenty of people not wearing seat belts. It seems like almost weekly I see on the news people died in a car wreck because they were not wearing seat belts.

"Cuff 'em and Stuff 'em!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f3CFzahrRs&spfreload=10[/ame]

Keyword: Everybody.

Is that a fact that everybody wears seat belt every time? I don't believe your claims.

No, I didn't miss your point. Didn't you know that when there was a new seat belt law, most drivers didn't wear seat belts? Until they got ticketed for the violation, everybody starts to wear a seat belt. Is that correct?

Back to MY point, once a driver get ticketed for no headlight violation, everybody would be like "uh-oh, I don't want to get ticketed so from now on, I will turn the headlights on during rainy days when my wipers are on". So far, nothing. Why? Cops busy eating donuts? :lol:

Back