New "girl" in the family :)

Dog has a great smile! I hope they have a lot of happy years with her. :)

:D ohhhhhh! Lovely!

In response to what Bott wrote - I sure hope so too!

Loved the "pit stop":lol:

she looks very content in her comfy crate with her toy! Looks like a great start!

:D ohhhhhh! Lovely!

In response to what Bott wrote - I sure hope so too!

Loved the "pit stop":lol:

she looks very content in her comfy crate with her toy! Looks like a great start!
:ty:

It's a very beautiful face , are the eyes difference colors or is that the way the light is shining on her?
Her eyes are both hazel but they easily pick up the reflections of her fur colors and surroundings. Yes, the way the light shines on them changes the appearance.

Piper came to visit us today. She is very sweet and friendly. She was tired because of her long trip yesterday, and meeting lots of new people.

I found out that she was one of five puppies in the litter. There is still one sister left who needs a home. My daughter was very tempted to bring her home, too. They are getting to the age when then are harder to place. The sister pup has markings more like a collie--solid areas of red and white. Piper is merle, more spotted, and has freckles on her white legs. She has a Dudley/butterfly nose. Her daddy has copper eyes, and her mommy has blue eyes. My daughter preferred an undocked tail but it was already done before she found Piper online.

I'm glad everyone had a good visit.:D

a tired puppy is a good puppy! She really is an adorable little merle:D
Aussie puppies are often or mostly docked. Rotties are traditionally docked dogs also in the United States <though the current commotion over this issue in my breed is quite...contentious>.

Two puppies = ten times the mayhem!

Aussie puppies are often or mostly docked. Rotties are traditionally docked dogs also in the United States <though the current commotion over this issue in my breed is quite...contentious>.

Plus ten times the love you get back.

Yeah, they realized that two puppies would be more than they could handle.

Poor little Piper got car sick a couple times while riding in the crate on the way home (normally a 6-hour ride but longer because of all pit stops). So, they rode the rest of the way holding her in the front seat so she could see out (that elevated the nausea). That also meant my daughter and son-in-law switched places driving. Piper is SIL's baby, so he had to hold her and let my daughter drive.

I tell you, Piper and SIL have totally bonded. :)

Their previous dog was an Aussie/Border Collie mix, so she had the bushy tail, which they liked. Piper is full Aussie. At least Piper's stubby tail is cute. It looks kind of heart shape, and her rump is round, so she looks good.

Sleeping beauty. :)

Attachments

• napping.jpg
    napping.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 19
Yeah, they realized that two puppies would be more than they could handle.

Poor little Piper got car sick a couple times while riding in the crate on the way home (normally a 6-hour ride but longer because of all pit stops). So, they rode the rest of the way holding her in the front seat so she could see out (that elevated the nausea). That also meant my daughter and son-in-law switched places driving. Piper is SIL's baby, so he had to hold her and let my daughter drive.

I tell you, Piper and SIL have totally bonded. :)

Their previous dog was an Aussie/Border Collie mix, so she had the bushy tail, which they liked. Piper is full Aussie. At least Piper's stubby tail is cute. It looks kind of heart shape, and her rump is round, so she looks good.

Puppies get car sick because their ears are not fully developed . She should be OK when she get older.

Puppies get car sick because their ears are not fully developed . She should be OK when she get older.
It was also her first long car ride. They think the problem was when she was in the crate she couldn't see the horizon. When she sat up front she was fine.

This is Piper's sister who is still needing a forever home.

She is a Red Tri Australian Shepherd born June 3, and lives in Ft. Benning, GA.

Like Piper, she also has a sweet personality.

Attachments

• sisterpup.jpg
    sisterpup.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 16
Back