New "girl" in the family :)

This afternoon I got an email from my daughter. The subject line was "Our new girl." She found a 10-week-old Aussie Red Merle puppy just in time to surprise her hubby for their anniversary. (She had been searching the rescue groups and online for a while.) He was very touched. It's been almost a year since they had to say farewell to their Aussie Sydnie Bean, and had been missing having a dog around. Beanie was a lot of comfort and support while my son-in-law was recovering from his accident.

I was surprised that they got a puppy this time but it will be an opportunity for them to grow together. :) She is one from an "oops" litter. They will be driving to Georgia this week to pick her up.

They wanted another Aussie but they are glad that she's a different color than their previous one, so she's not like a "replacement" but an individual in her own right.

They haven't picked a name yet. It will probably be something related to Australia but a human name, not a dog name.
Marcus' best friend in NY was Jazz. They made a nice couple. Jazz and her parents lived against the side of a small mountain and we'd "chuck" (that curved ball throw) tennis balls up the side of the mountain and Jazzie would go almost straight up and nab it. Marcus tried but in midget corgi land, he couldn't do it. But he handled it well. Aussies are great and smart and wayyyy too tall for us (I'm 5'6" but our counters are not). Hearty congrats.

No other dog can replace a prior dog (or kittie) or whatever else dies. When our last cat died in NY, I had a horrible time thinking that another cat could come in. No one could replace Mouse or Magic. They were the last of a very long line of kitties (or uh, friskie felines). So, in came Marcus as in comes a red merle. All our kids live on in our hearts. They can never be overlaid there with another.

Marcus' best friend in NY was Jazz. They made a nice couple. Jazz and her parents lived against the side of a small mountain and we'd "chuck" (that curved ball throw) tennis balls up the side of the mountain and Jazzie would go almost straight up and nab it. Marcus tried but in midget corgi land, he couldn't do it. But he handled it well. Aussies are great and smart and wayyyy too tall for us (I'm 5'6" but our counters are not). Hearty congrats.

No other dog can replace a prior dog (or kittie) or whatever else dies. When our last cat died in NY, I had a horrible time thinking that another cat could come in. No one could replace Mouse or Magic. They were the last of a very long line of kitties (or uh, friskie felines). So, in came Marcus as in comes a red merle. All our kids live on in our hearts. They can never be overlaid there with another.

There is no dog in the world that could replace my beloved Finlay . I love Marty and all my other dogs but Finlay really stole my heart.

She's now one year old!

(Piper is on the right of the picture; her sister is the one with the spoon in her mouth.)

Attachments

• pupbirthday.jpg
    pupbirthday.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 14
:DWow, cool pictures! Both gorgeous dogs and Piper's sis asks - where the ice cream!?
:party: Piper! With my first pair of dogs, for them we used to get doggie birthday cakes at a local doggie bakery. We have a pic. of my then-2 dogs, at the bakery, wearing party hats. They were good sports:lol:

Now since I avoid grain and other carbs mostly with my dogs, we don't get the cakes anymore but I love to treat them to something special on their birthdays.

:DWow, cool pictures! Both gorgeous dogs and Piper's sis asks - where the ice cream!?
In the original full-frame picture, there was a cup of ice cream on the deck--that's why she has the spoon in her mouth. :lol:

She's now one year old!

(Piper is on the right of the picture; her sister is the one with the spoon in her mouth.)

I never heard of a dog being born with a sliver spoon in their mouth.
Cute doggies.

I'm grieved to report that Piper died yesterday. My heart is broken. It was a total shock. She died of cardiac arrest. It was the result of using the veterinary flea killer Bravecto. She was young and healthy, then suddenly died. My daughter's family is devastated. :cry:

I'm grieved to report that Piper died yesterday. My heart is broken. It was a total shock. She died of cardiac arrest. It was the result of using the veterinary flea killer Bravecto. She was young and healthy, then suddenly died. My daughter's family is devastated. :cry:
:( :hug:

Very sorry to hear this.. :( :hug:

Aww I'm so sorry Reba :(. Hugs.

Friends of mine lost their first dog at I think 4, sudden cardiac arrest- I don't know if they ever found a reason but do now wonder if it was due to the same- using Bravecto (I'd never heard of it).

I am so sorry, Reba. I am shocked, actually. It is because a couple friends’ dogs had severe reactions to having some brands applied to them.
It’s tough I know, and I should have sounded the alarm.
I am happy you are here, though, because I missed you.
Loud hugggs.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind words. :grouphug:

Back