New car

Lillys dad

Reaction score
We traded my wifes 2000 Nissan Xterra last weekend for a STATION WAGON!
This wagon is the fastest car I have ever owned! It is a 2007 VW Passat wagon. It has a turbo charged 2.0, with a 6 speed auto transmission. Yes 6 speed auto. It also has 12 airbags! This car kicks serious ass.
I came from the old school mentality of "There is no substitute for cubic inches". I still believe this, but for a 2.0 this car kicks serious ass! On the way homew from the dealership, while getting on an entrance ramp to the hiway, I got on it a bit (absolutely no one around). I hit almost 100 MPH before getting on the hiway!

Nice, but hope that car last for a long time for you. My friend's 2001 VW Passat broke down all because of a stupid timing belt and the pulley bearing seized and it broke down 10,000 miles before the timing belt replacement. I've heard too many mechanical complaints from people about VW. Good luck with yours. No offense. :)

None taken. One big issue is the fact that you must be very precise with service. If the4 manual says to do something at a tspecific time, you better do it. Besides, we are leasing it. So if there will be any problems like that, it will be covered under warranty, when waranty expires, we get rid of it.

As long you have warranty and a good service, you'll be fine. :) That's what VW really needs.

Congraulations Lillysdad, I always wanted a VW Passat and they are nice to drive. If I got done with college, I would buy a VW Passat right away although not in the station wagon model because obivously I don't have a family yet.

Sequoias, on the older Volkswagens, they did have problems but now with a strict new program that VW rolled out, Volkswagen is rolling out superior machines right off the assembly line and best of all, the body of the car is still made of 100% steel. You can't get much better than that. VW is still the only car manfacturer still turning out steel bodies for the cars.

VW has apparently redesigned itself. VW owns Audi and Porsche. VW has incorporated the safety, performance, design, and comfort of the other 2 companies. I was told when I was looking at the Passat that the VW touareg and the Porsche Cheyenne were the same vehicle. I compared pictures on line and they are! Of course the porsche looked nicer and has better performance, but they are essentially the same car.
Yesterday i was told the Passat and the Audi A6 is the same car. I looked at pics of my car and compared them with the Audi A6 Avant (wagon). Same thing. Audi has a bigger engine, but again, same car. I did not check into thism, but I do recall seeing soem audis running around with a 2.0 turbo. We,, this is the same engin ethat is in my VW. So you can buy an audi or porsche for alot less if ya dont mind seeing a VW on the grill instead of the other name.

My mom had a 2001 VW Golf .... it broke down right after 25,000 miles, and she decided to pay shop to fix it, and sell it. It was sold in 2 weeks after posting.

VW sucks, but AUDI pwns! :afro:

My mom had a 2001 VW Golf .... it broke down right after 25,000 miles, and she decided to pay shop to fix it, and sell it. It was sold in 2 weeks after posting.

VW sucks, but AUDI pwns! :afro:

Bad guy :slap:

Lilly's dad, You got new car and its look awesome.

Have fun with new car and I love VW like bettle car. :D

Fanatic, compare photos of the passat next to the A6, the are basically the same car.
I saw one of the new Audi suvs today. At a glance it too looks like the same as the VW toaureg, and the Porsche Cheyenne.
So if that is true, how can one suck, while the other rocks? Granted the Audi has more bells and whistles, but those are not what makes the car, it is the platform that it is built on.
Correct me if I am wrong on any of this.
Now that I think of it, does nt the audi A4 come standard with the 2.0 turbo? And that is the same type engine that is in my VW. Would it make sense for one company to have one 2.0 turbo in Audi and a different 2.0 turbo in the VW? I would guess that th eonly difference is the Audi puts the engine in the smaller car for more speed, and it goes in a bigger sedan in the VW.

FaNatic,
"VW sucks, but AUDI pwns!"
You own an audi that you are proud of right? So doe syour audi suck as bad as my VW, since ausi is made by VW, refer to my last post.

Back