New california noise level muffer law

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
In California, effect Jan 1, 2019 new exhaust law.
I heard someone said if you install aftermarket sport muffler into your car. Too loud sound from muffler is illegal as You might get fined $1,000.

simple aftermarket sport muffler:

Several years ago, my supervisor had a Corvette with modified muffler to make it loud and fast. One day CHP pulled him over and found illegal modifications. They were going to impound his car but instead gave him ticket. He went back to stock and sold his Corvette.

Last edited:
Several years ago, my supervisor had a Corvette with modified muffler to make it loud and fast. One day CHP pulled him over and found illegal modifications. They were going to impound his car but instead gave him ticket. He went back to stock and sold his Corvette.

Yep it's a bad law! It is totally unfair. It happened to my brother's friends in California a while ago. My brothers are car enthusiasts know the day will come. My brother's friends moved out of California to WA, AZ and TX for one of the reasons like this. I predict car enthusiasts will move to NV or AZ once the law is enforced.

Your supervisor could have moved here in San Antonio. Where I live is full of Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborginis, and Range Rovers!

I know a co-worker that has worked on muffler mods installed in classic cars like the Mustang, GTO, etc. He mentioned long term use will develop weird clunking noises. He wants to go back to 8+ cylinder engines rather than bothering to make efficiency engines look bigger! :lol:

Yep it's a bad law! It is totally unfair. It happened to my brother's friends in California a while ago. My brothers are car enthusiasts know the day will come. My brother's friends moved out of California to WA, AZ and TX for one of the reasons like this. I predict car enthusiasts will move to NV or AZ once the law is enforced.

Your supervisor could have moved here in San Antonio. Where I live is full of Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborginis, and Range Rovers!

I've seen plenty of Range Rovers around here rarely seen Ferraris or Lamborghinis in the Bay Area. Nothing in California surprises me anymore.

My Mazda has stock dual exhaust in the rear, one on each side. I've seen there is aftermarket muffler modification for my SUV for $1200... I'll pass. :lol:

I know a co-worker that has worked on muffler mods installed in classic cars like the Mustang, GTO, etc. He mentioned long term use will develop weird clunking noises. He wants to go back to 8+ cylinder engines rather than bothering to make efficiency engines look bigger! :lol:

Did he install this? :D

hE6AED048

Florida tint windows law. Police pull me over and check sticker for legal without device for detect too dark tint window is illegal.

Florida Tint Law information:

without sticker. cop use device for detect too dark tint window is illegal.

Florida tint windows law. Police pull me over and check sticker for legal without device for detect too dark tint window is illegal.
View attachment 27124
View attachment 27125

Florida Tint Law information:
View attachment 27126

without sticker. cop use device for detect too dark tint window is illegal.
View attachment 27127

B-B-But it's Florida! It's hot and humid. lol. My cousin received a ticket for his dark tint windows. Guess where he was? Arizona. I know cops don't like dark tint windows because they just want to see everything in vehicles for their safety. Hubby's Mazda6 Touring has dark tint windows, too.

I've seen plenty of Range Rovers around here rarely seen Ferraris or Lamborghinis in the Bay Area. Nothing in California surprises me anymore.

My Mazda has stock dual exhaust in the rear, one on each side. I've seen there is aftermarket muffler modification for my SUV for $1200... I'll pass. :lol:

Do it.... Do it.... Do it.... It's fun!

California is falling apart. Too many scandals going on at once in California. Despite all of that, I'm a CA native and I love the geography of California.

B-B-But it's Florida! It's hot and humid. lol. My cousin received a ticket for his dark tint windows. Guess where he was? Arizona. I know cops don't like dark tint windows because they just want to see everything in vehicles for their safety. Hubby's Mazda6 Touring has dark tint windows, too.

Ehh.. I've seen alot florida police cars has dark tinted windows for reduce heatwave cuz, they are suffer and wore bulletproof vests everyday

Oh well.. I used my old school 1990 Mazda RX7 with HKS sport muffer sound so fun. I haven't get ticket yet but, I sold it due to moving out of California.

I bought it from Tuning store imported from Japan about $1,000 or so.. I don't remmy

Last edited:
Do it.... Do it.... Do it.... It's fun!

California is falling apart. Too many scandals going on at once in California. Despite all of that, I'm a CA native and I love the geography of California.

That's the one... hmm will see. :)

Lol, I installed my CORKSPORT oil catch on my Mazda 6 for reduce buildup carbon and clean engine. I'll decide to buy CORKSPORT or RACING BEAT muffer later.

Nice... do you notice any difference in performance with that?

what? no, CORKSPORT oil can kit is just clean engine for avoid carbon buildup as poor gas mileage. no performance engine. I didn't install aftermarket sport muffler.

Last edited:
Ah gotcha.. just curious. :)

Back