New and needing help ...

rrothjr

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and will have quite a few questions in relation to cochlear implant research. I need to hear from all sides on this. My ENT is trying to push me into this and I am not comfortable with it. I have recently been hit with audio nerve viruses that have almost totally shut my small amount of hearing down. Any guidance or input would be appreciated.

I can't speak to this, but my thought is if the problem is beyond cochlear I don't know how it will affect

Best thing to do is look for local deaf group they will have people there who can advise you in truth though all have different arguments some are for others are against beat listening to both sides especially those who have had it and go from there x

Hi, I am new here and will have quite a few questions in relation to cochlear implant research. I need to hear from all sides on this. My ENT is trying to push me into this and I am not comfortable with it. I have recently been hit with audio nerve viruses that have almost totally shut my small amount of hearing down. Any guidance or input would be appreciated.
The biggest issue is dealing with the extra sound and so how long you have been deaf does matter. I had a hearing aid that allowed too much sound to come in and was unable to recognize the different sounds for voices, only because that person insisted on that aid being what I needed. Needless to say I don't use her services anymore. Then you also need to check to see if once it is installed, how long is it good for and how is it kept up for your own needs. I am under the impression that cochlear implants need to be serviced every so often. Sometimes the hearing think being deaf is something that must be corrected. Being comfortable in your own range with yourself is much more important that trying to measure up to someone else' standards or beliefs. Some people really love their implants. However, once they got them, they did lose their handicapper status for tax purposes and additional assistance programs. That means money is also affected if you are getting any benefits for being deaf.

Back