New "all in one" CI processor from Med El

ecp

Reaction score
RONDO, the World’s First CI Single-Unit Processor, Now CE Mark and FDA Approved

I think it is hideous and looks awkward.

I know people love the AB Neptune but the mic placement is so far from the ear AND I can't imagine hearing my hair brush against the mic all day.

If you love this design, awesome! It just isn't for me.

I really hope the CI manufacturers keep a BTE option.

hence why AB made the T-Comm for the Neptune, moving the mic to the bowl of the ear with the T-Mic (when T-comm is in use, the headpiece mic is disabled automatically). I love using the T-comm with my Neptune! wouldn't go for an all-in-one headpiece device myself.

hence why AB made the T-Comm for the Neptune, moving the mic to the bowl of the ear with the T-Mic (when T-comm is in use, the headpiece mic is disabled automatically). I love using the T-comm with my Neptune! wouldn't go for an all-in-one headpiece device myself.

Yeah. The human ear was designed and evolved specifically for sound localization so that we hear things we are looking at more than things behind us.
The Neptune headpiece and the Rondo seem like they would focus on sounds behind the wearer.

and again, this will most likely be only covered by high end insurances... I know I sound like a broken record, but we don't need new devices or modifications....we need more affordable hearing devices!

Interesting....makes me wonder if the magnet is strong enough to hold it in place with the extra weight & bulk.

I thought it looks really neat! and btw, funny thing is that's how I thought my audiologist's name spells out after I met her back in the 7th grade year LOL!!!!!! *her name's Rhonda so that's how it goes*
:3

Interesting....makes me wonder if the magnet is strong enough to hold it in place with the extra weight & bulk.

But the magnet can't be too strong since some CI users get skin problems from magnets being too strong.

Back