Neuropathic itching suxs

sallylou

Potterhead and Janeite
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (droid)

I have neuropathic itching and I'm going crazy! Always on the same part of my body. Like ants crawling on my skin, except that the sensation is deep in my skin. I have to resist scratching because it only makes it worse. AUGHHHH!
Anyone else have weird neuropathic issues?

Anything help?

Wirelessly posted

Try just slapping it instead of itching. It can help make the sensation go away.

Touching just makes it words. I tried capescin cream and it burned my sensitive skin. Might try benedryl before bed. Thanks, Bott.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Try just slapping it instead of itching. It can help make the sensation go away.

That works for my knee, which was surgically reconstructed. It is mostly in the mind, and unless you can take it off it, it can drive you nuts.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing that. I had chronic hives for three years, and I know how frustrated you must feel. :(

Benadryl always made me feel worse. I can't tolerate it.

I took Prednisone for three years, then weaned off of that.

Now, I take one Allegra every morning. My hives are now in remission.

I know that you have a different medical condition, so I don't have any tips for your condition. I do sympathize though. :hug:

I'm sorry that you're experiencing that. I had chronic hives for three years, and I know how frustrated you must feel. :(

Benadryl always made me feel worse. I can't tolerate it.

I took Prednisone for three years, then weaned off of that.

Now, I take one Allegra every morning. My hives are now in remission.

I know that you have a different medical condition, so I don't have any tips for your condition. I do sympathize though. :hug:

I don't like taking Benadryl by mouth as it makes me sleepy when I have a bad case of hives so I just spray it on my hives. I don't have chronic hives though but I would hate to get that..

Thanks, Reba. Taking prednisone is no picnic. Did you have inflammation? My med is supposed to cut down on inflammatory cells. Side effects suck, though.

Thanks, Reba. Taking prednisone is no picnic. Did you have inflammation? My med is supposed to cut down on inflammatory cells. Side effects suck, though.
I was one mass of inflammation, like a bumpy sunburn. Hives covered my entire body. My eyelids and lips would swell huge. The whites of my eyes would look bloodshot. My fingers would swell. Sometimes my whole face would swell. Lots of the hives were egg size, or massed together. Not pretty. :)

I was one mass of inflammation, like a bumpy sunburn. Hives covered my entire body. My eyelids and lips would swell huge. The whites of my eyes would look bloodshot. My fingers would swell. Sometimes my whole face would swell. Lots of the hives were egg size, or massed together. Not pretty. :)

Wow that's terrible! I've had severe cases of eczema and hives but nothing like what you were suffering. My hives tended to be tiny.

My worst case of eczema came when I had a bad reaction to my little sister's bubble bath stuff and it seemed like I would be one big red rash at first. I have not used Avon products since then. The bubble bath was an Avon product.

Sounds absolutely miserable. I guess that I'm lucky that it's not that bad. I get skin lesions but not in my mouth (for which I'm grateful).

acupuncture work pretty well... don'tcha love the needles....?

Korean place not far from my home. Haven't tried it. Hmmm.

I have neuropathic itching and I'm going crazy! Always on the same part of my body. Like ants crawling on my skin, except that the sensation is deep in my skin. I have to resist scratching because it only makes it worse. AUGHHHH!

serious your avoid skin cause! what is happened your something your skins cause destroy

Never had a condition like this...jeez...must be horrible....but yea, I would try "slapping the spot" instead of itching it....(even cussing when it did itch) and slap it again!

Hope you can find some relief somewhere/somehow!...Maybe taking a fast jog when it begins to itch, something to get ur mind off of it? Mind control can play a part with this, I believe.

neuropathic itching? like... there's nothing wrong with your skin but your brain's telling you that it's itchy there?

Back