Netflix Has Problems

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Uh oh... looks like Netflix is having problems! Yikes!

The Technology Chronicles : Boring weekend ahead for Netflix users

Apparently, they stopped sending out DVDs for 3 days.

They should have had the problem resolved as soon as they noticed that they weren't shipping DVDs.

If I were sending out millions of DVD daily, then suddenly... I send out nothing in one day, then I know there's obviously a problem.

This reminds me of when the post offices threatened to charge Netflix more for their bad mailer designs cuz it was costing them more money and more work to have those mailers mailed. :roll:

I'm a member of netflix for one movie a month, it happened to me too.

Last edited:
I'm a Netflix member 3 at a time unlimited. I haven't had problem with that yet. Last cycle was last week so I guess it didn't happen til now. Netflix will credit the customers affected by this delay.

No place is perfect, there is always "lag" down the road.

Yeah, I read about it on yahoo news. I got DVD from Netflix next business day. It look like I don't have problem. All customers are getting credit for that from Netflix.

I am member of Netflix, I don't have problem with them. However, few times they sent through the mail service did damaged disc as class-mail paper is messed up in two years ago. But two years since, I don't have problem with it. Thanks goodness! I love Netflix! :)

Last edited:
I am member of Netflix, I don't have problem with them. However, few times they sent through the mail service did damaged disc as class-mail paper is messed up in two years ago. But two years since, I don't have problem with it. Thanks goodness! I love Netflix! :)
I don't know what the DVD mailers look like today, but the last time I checked... they used huge DVD mailers. These mailers caused problems with the processing at the post office and required additional man hours to fix the machines and/or process many of these mailers by hand.

When Blockbuster was designing their DVD mailers, they checked with the post office to ensure that they met the proper specifications in accordance to the United States Post Office regulations. It did. That's why Blockbuster Online never really had problems with the mailers.

I have a few friends who had a lot of problems with these mailers. They would end up getting torn, bent, folded, etc. I've been a member of Blockbuster Online since October 2004. I've only had one mailer torn and an average of 1 damaged DVD every 6 months. I rent an average of 12 to 15 DVDs per month. That's 1 damaged DVD for every 90 DVDs. Not bad. Even if I got a damaged DVD, I just tell them online and they send me another one immediately. I also get 12 to 15 DVDs from the store as well. That makes 24 to 30 DVDs a month. :)

I have a few friends who had a lot of problems with these mailers. They would end up getting torn, bent, folded, etc. I've been a member of Blockbuster Online since October 2004. I've only had one mailer torn and an average of 1 damaged DVD every 6 months. I rent an average of 12 to 15 DVDs per month. That's 1 damaged DVD for every 90 DVDs. Not bad. Even if I got a damaged DVD, I just tell them online and they send me another one immediately. I also get 12 to 15 DVDs from the store as well. That makes 24 to 30 DVDs a month. :)

I mean, I say, "I received a torn mail that make damaged DVD by a mailer processing machine. Darn it! Then I report to Netflix immediately. They exchanged it for me. Thanks to Netflix without a hassle! ;) "

Depend on USPS department, they make ridiculous delivery through time.

Back