Netflix Closed Caption ?

Hello u i want need cc on movie dvd from netflix my laptop and too netbook okay pls ?

Hello u i want need cc on movie dvd from netflix my laptop and too netbook okay pls ?

Let me make sure I understand your question"

You want to play a Netflix (soon to be called Qwikster) DVD on your laptop or netbook and have cc (subtitles) displayed -- right?

Depending on your DVD player software, there should be a subtitles button that will turn on the subtitles. If the DVD is CC-only without English Subtitles (a few are like that) then no software I know about on a PC to display that.

If you want Netflix STREAMING, that is different.

I just signed petition...only 813 signatures?? seems kinda low for a huge company like NETFLIX...screw them anyway...I'll just rent from REDBOX...I'm sure all DVD's and Blue Ray have option for Closed Caption at the Root Menu anyway.
I don't understand why deaf people like you can't fucking understand that BD movies have NO CLOSED CAPTION. Most of them have subtitles. PERIOD.

I don't understand why deaf people like you can't fucking understand that BD movies have NO CLOSED CAPTION. Most of them have subtitles. PERIOD.

True. A year ago I tried netflix but cancelled because there were no captioning or subtitles (except in foreign films). Recently i subscribed again, and now MOST of the films have subtitles.
When did this happen?

True. A year ago I tried netflix but cancelled because there were no captioning or subtitles (except in foreign films). Recently i subscribed again, and now MOST of the films have subtitles.
When did this happen?

Didn't you know that Netflix has its own captioning system? They buy movies without CC or subtitles because it's cheaper. Then the company add subtitles to those movies whenever possible. I believe it's getting better now but still no new releases on streaming (only DVDs/BDs by mail). It's weird to see their subtitles because there are three lines at some times (normally two lines on pre-recorded DVDs/BDs).

CrazyPaul;2012620[B said:
Didn't you know that Netflix has its own captioning system?[/B]They buy movies without CC or subtitles because it's cheaper. Then the company add subtitles to those movies whenever possible. I believe it's getting better now but still no new releases on streaming (only DVDs/BDs by mail). It's weird to see their subtitles because there are three lines at some times (normally two lines on pre-recorded DVDs/BDs).

Yes, but they didn't a year ago.

Yes, but they didn't a year ago.
I remember reading Neflix's accouncement that they said it would take time to install the system and learn how to use it. I assume that they started it last summer or fall.

Didn't you know that Netflix has its own captioning system? They buy movies without CC or subtitles because it's cheaper. Then the company add subtitles to those movies whenever possible. I believe it's getting better now but still no new releases on streaming (only DVDs/BDs by mail). It's weird to see their subtitles because there are three lines at some times (normally two lines on pre-recorded DVDs/BDs).

This thread is getting confusing. It's hard to tell if people are talking about DVD/BD disks or streaming. Are you referring to DVD/BD disks shipped in the mail labeled "RENTAL" or streaming.

If you are referring to "RENTAL" disks, are you saying that Netflix burns their own disks (DVD or BD) and labeled their disks "RENTAL"? I know that "RENTAL" disks are usually delayed a month after studios' official release to save money. Also, "RENTAL" disks do not contain special features like "Director's Cut" because studios want you to buy their movies.

I didn't know that Netflix adds their own subtitles to movies before burning disks. Sounds kind of dumb and expensive. Are you sure Netfix buys movies without CC or subtitles? Do you have information or links about this?

Personally I subscribe to Netflix to receive disks in the mail. I don't want to deal with streaming because CC or subtitles are unreliable. Anyway, every BD disks ("RENTAL" or full blown) I've recieved in the mail from Netflix usually contain sub-titles and never had issues.

Peter

Can XBMC or Boxee use Netflix? If it can, you should be able to get closed captioning subtitles via opensubtitle.org. This would solve the problem, I believe.

This thread is getting confusing. It's hard to tell if people are talking about DVD/BD disks or streaming. Are you referring to DVD/BD disks shipped in the mail labeled "RENTAL" or streaming.

Streaming

If you are referring to "RENTAL" disks, are you saying that Netflix burns their own disks (DVD or BD) and labeled their disks "RENTAL"? I know that "RENTAL" disks are usually delayed a month after studios' official release to save money. Also, "RENTAL" disks do not contain special features like "Director's Cut" because studios want you to buy their movies.

I didn't know that Netflix adds their own subtitles to movies before burning disks. Sounds kind of dumb and expensive. Are you sure Netfix buys movies without CC or subtitles? Do you have information or links about this?
The old announcement talked about streaming movies and TV episodes, not discs. http://blog.netflix.com/2009/06/closed-captions-and-subtitles.html

Personally I subscribe to Netflix to receive disks in the mail. I don't want to deal with streaming because CC or subtitles are unreliable. Anyway, every BD disks ("RENTAL" or full blown) I've recieved in the mail from Netflix usually contain sub-titles and never had issues.

Peter
Since I don't have that plan, I have no idea about their discs. Did the subtitles in the movies you saw show three lines at some times? If so, obviously it was made by Netflix. If not, then the subtitles are built-in. Purchased or rented movies from a store normally have two lines subtitles.

Can XBMC or Boxee use Netflix? If it can, you should be able to get closed captioning subtitles via opensubtitle.org. This would solve the problem, I believe.
Yes, XBMC has Netflix app called XBMCFlicks you can find in video add-ons. However all the app does is open Netflix in an external web browser and doesn't use XBMC's subtitles capabilities at all. It has been tested by me and my son.

Also apple tv 2 does have cc built in and netflix is cc too not that bad along with wii and xbox360 but tivo premiere netfilx doesnt have that,darn

You can watch any program of Icefilms movies with subtitles (SRT). I never join up membership of Netflix.

Most of devices that runs netflix have subtitles working EXCEPT my son's new ninetdo 3DS. It does show option on menu for subtitle after selected movie to watch. When I use sylus to tap "subtitle" and chose "English". Then tapped "Play". The movie ran but no subtitle. It was the same movie that I watched on PS3 and laptop that already have subtitle running. I tried several known movies that have subtitles. 3DS won't show subtitle after been selected. I believe there are programming error in Nexflix part. I will contact netflix about it.

Catty

You can watch any program of Icefilms movies with subtitles (SRT). I never join up membership of Netflix.

Dude, you have to sign up for that? WTF, open subtitles is free (donation). They shouldn't be making money on that!

Dude, you have to sign up for that? WTF, open subtitles is free (donation). They shouldn't be making money on that!

Well. too many different subtitles (SRT) like opensubtitles.org, subscene.com, podnapisi.net, and more....

Back