net neutrality

What do people know about this , I am going to reread when I am not so tried.

Basically if it is allowed,,

Companies that provide internet and/or has backbone of ineternet would be allowed to be paid to provide higher speed to companies that wants it.

think of it as toll road..

if you pay for toll road, it is usually faster and nicer but you paid for it..

Companies that pays the "toll" would be allowed to go faster and have less problems on internet..

The question is, should that be allowed or not..

I don't think it should be because we are already paying for internet, Why should they be paid both ways just to provide faster service..

Companies that provide internet and/or has backbone of ineternet would be allowed to be paid to provide higher speed to companies that wants it.

Companies that pays the "toll" would be allowed to go faster and have less problems on internet..

I don't think it should be because we are already paying for internet, Why should they be paid both ways just to provide faster service..

Yes, I know about how you feel - I use Dulles Toll Road (VA-267) to avoid the congestion, but weird - it is free if you go all way to airport (in center lane) or use metro subway.

In other words, if you want to watch Netflix (that you paid $20 for)... you have to pay $50 more to support the speed and bandwidth needed for Netflix.

This could pose a problem for VP users. Your free VP service could require you to spend extra money to cover the bandwidth.

In other words, if you want to watch Netflix (that you paid $20 for)... you have to pay $50 more to support the speed and bandwidth needed for Netflix.

This could pose a problem for VP users. Your free VP service could require you to spend extra money to cover the bandwidth.

So in another words it going to take more people hard earn money. Which =
Greed .

It could end up that way but my understanding is as using your example:

Netflix would have to pay them (the internet providers and backbones) to keep internet at top speed and open. If they don't then the providers would slow down internet (that we are paying for anyways) so that it is unusable..

So they would get money from Netflix, Hulu, and so on and on.. getting billion of dollars on top of what we are paying for but not getting the service we are supposed to get..

It could end up that way but my understanding is as using your example:

Netflix would have to pay them (the internet providers and backbones) to keep internet at top speed and open. If they don't then the providers would slow down internet (that we are paying for anyways) so that it is unusable..

So they would get money from Netflix, Hulu, and so on and on.. getting billion of dollars on top of what we are paying for but not getting the service we are supposed to get..

So the consumers once against get screwed over .

i paid for fiber optics I use B.T I was sort of blackmailed or cohersed by b.t.to get it so it already happening to a degree.like WDYS I read it when not so tired may understand it better

Back